Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Bought my 2000 4.7 ltr dodge 4x4 Dakota Oct 2011. Been having fun with it so far.

My mods include, Custom front bumper, 9" Lightforce Driving lights from AUS, Complete exhaust system, including headers.

My first question, I'm in Alberta, Canada, and i want to take my Clutch fan off, anyone had any heating/cooling issues after doing so? Should i fit a set of thermo fans or??

Thanks for you help all.

Regards, Aussie Tom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This helps a ton mate,

I removed it once before(just with a wrench) but i believe at that time my thermostat was probably stuck so it wasn'y cycling the coolant correctly.

I have replace the t/stat since, so I will try it again, (def going to leave the a/c on to keep the electric fan on)

Props to all on this forum, been on here 3 days and already answered my first question.

Regards, Thomas.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I live in Ontario, so you have it colder out west. I have run my 4.7 for over 2 years without any over heating problems, including driving mid summer pulling our pop up camper. As long as your standard electric cooling fan runs correctly it should be enough to cool your truck. I wouldn't run the a/c continuously or you will just use more gas. The only issue I have is my wife, I don't trust her to keep an eye on the temp gauge:funny: Whenever she takes the truck without me (whilst pulling the trailer), I refit the viscous fan.

·
Always Low & Never Slow
1 Posts
my fans off and I added an electric fan to the radiator and I have crazy heat and the engine stays at a normal temp.. just get a good brand fan is all and make sure you secure it good.. (no wire ties through the radiator like a child would do lol)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Sleep,

I have removed it from my truck. Question, Does your temp sit at just below half general day to day, (on half sitting at a light for extended period of time) my truck general now rest at a 3rd (just below half).

Seems to be running fine.

I THINK I am getting better gas milage, how bout you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts