Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got all 4 wheels. I'm runnin the Nitto Extremes up front 275/50R17 and the Dunlop sport 5000's out back 275/55R17

the Nitto's have awesome steering response and I couldn't ask for better traction out of the Dunlops. From a dead stop the Goodyears would spin forever but the dunlops bite very well, even in the rain.

back

front

don't look at the tail pipe, it's just danglin there and not hooked up.

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
Nice treads! Does Dunlop use a fairly soft compound in all their tires? Mine are also sticky and hook up like slicks. Great pics too :biggthump

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to bring this old thread up to give yall some feedback on the tires. For 17 months I ran the Nittos up front and the Dunlops out back. Both sets were awesome in the rain, never hydroplaned once and I'm a pretty aggressive driver in the rain. I wore down the Dunlops to nothing and I mean 0/32nds, the middle wore out first acting like they were over inflated but I only ran 34 psi in them and then I dropped it down to around 24psi so that it would cup in the middle and I could run on the remaining tread on the outside of the tire the last few thousand miles. I finally started getting cracks in the rubber so I found some spares for the time being thanks to a fellow R/Ter in N. Houston

I decided to put the Nittos on the back since they still have alot of life in them and put my cheapo tires on the front. Wow let me tell ya I don't have traction for nothing! I have to granny it when the road is wet and even on dry road it breaks loose like I've got 500 horses under the hood! When I go to pass someone from a slow roll my ass end does this little S shake and it doesn't sit well with me. They were great tires for the front but if any torque is applied to them hold on Nelly! I think I'm going to move them back up front and try the Faulkens out back this time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
K, time for an update.

no pics yet but I'm running 275/60's all the way around. I couldn't pass up the deal I was getting. It's a taller tire, not sure the exact height but they fill the wheel wells nice and no rubbing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts