Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends think that adding things to my car is a waste of money. I know they are morons. I also hate when people how to spend my money. I decided to focus more on engine mods. I'm kinda focusing on gas mileage. HP is ok but I'm a college student so I need to save money. What can I do without having professionally installed? Does anyone know where I can get billett engine accessories for less than like $75?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I hate to break the news to you but Billet engine dress up is not going to improve your mileage! :biggthump

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Some people find making their vehicles unique very exciting, others don't. I think the latter people are missing out.

You can get a billet fuse box cover from Billet Pro or Tooling Design Co for about $75 if I remember correctly - check out the Billet Parts - Engine section of this website's Parts Information section (see link at top of each page)

You can get a full set of billet handles and caps for about $125

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that. the billett question was more of an also wondering question.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
you can get the fuse cover from http://www.billetpro.com and the billet caps from http://www.toolingdesignco.com

you can find them on ebay from time to time, but they still cost

don't worry about what your friends say. If you like it go for it. they'll get over it. it's your money and your truck. If they don't support you find some friends with the same hobbies :biggthump Hey that's us :banana2:

go on and dress it up

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Find some local machine shop that is willing to make some parts for you... it helps if you have some friends in the manufacturing industry... Getting the dimensions is not that hard... I just wish I had some more classes in my manufacturing lab.. I'd be going to town.

The hardest of the parts is the caps and covers... because alot of those items are pretty picky on the tolerances...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts