Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I'm working on a leaf spring setup for our trucks, I've been doing some measuring and found that the leaf springs that we use on our dirt car can work on my truck, I got the leafs in Friday and pulled one of mine today and it will work, once I have them installed I'll post pics and such. Right now it looks like it will give around 1 inch drop but the big thing with these springs is their fuction, should be a great setup to make the rear of these trucks work much better handle/traction wise.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Keep us updated. I'm looking for some llowering options for my truck. Haven't decided on one yet.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its gonna require some fab work but nothing major, the center pens are 1 inch off so that has to be delt with and the front hanger mount needs more clearence in the top of the mount, these leafs have a larger front bushing then the stock leaf. I'm gonna make my own 2 inch blocks and stagger the center pen holes and make a new bottom plate for the u-bolts, the front hanger is no big deal at all, cut the top center out of it to give me more room and the close it back up with a piece 3 inch channel.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got the 2 inch blocks made and the new lower plate, need to drill the holes, mount center pens and paint then I can mount the leafs and do the work to the front hangers for clearence.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
These springs won't cause any problems, trust me, I seem them work everyfriday night during race season! :bow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.