Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this didn't get very much appreciation in the Gen I Dakotas area, so I guess I'll repost it here...

I put a NOS Sniper kit on my 89 Dakota today (2 weeks ago now) - $360 from summit. Just got off the dyno - it did 407rwhp & 508 ft pounds of torque. I'm happy... Hoping to run a mid 7 in the 1/8th and low to mid 11 in the 1/4 now. Heres a dyno slip showing the 125 and the 150 shot comparison.

I ended up using the 150hp N2O jet with the 125hp fuel jet.

A little background:

1978 LA-360 Block - Internally Balanced
Bored .60 over - 371cid
Forged SRP Pistons 10.2:1 cr
Hand Filed Rings for N2O
1970 340 "J" Heads
Comp Cams Extreme Energy - Intake 0.488" [email protected] /Exhaust 0.491" [email protected]
Valves/springs: Chevy 1.6 intake & 1.9* exhaust
Holley 670 Street Avenger Carb
Performer RPM Intake
MSD Pro Billet Distributer - MSD 6al - MSD 8980 - MSD 8680
TCI a727 Tranny - TCI StreetFighter® 3,000-3,400 Stall Converter
Mopar 8-3/4 Rear w/4.11's - Detroit Locker
Hooker Super Comp 1-5/8" Primary Headers
325-50-15 BFG Drag Radial TA's and racing rims

Without N2O:
315rwhp @5,900rpm on pump gas
375rwT @2,600rpm on pump gas

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
Damn, got my attention. Sounds like a sweet hot rod. Got anymore pics......under the hood? :mullet:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got some really old ones, but I need some newer pics anyway so I'll take some new ones and try to post em tomorrow...

These are a few years old (It's still ugly on the outside):

A couple short drag videos (much better in full-screen):
http://gusosborne.com/run0.avi (9.12MB)
http://gusosborne.com/vids/1.AVI (3.06MB)

Ever see someone break a speedometer?
http://gusosborne.com/vids/4.AVI (1.33MB)

How about a flexplate?

and a diff - at the same time

That enough for now?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Upon further inspection, I've determined that it's ugly on the inside too - but I'm all about functionality, so that's OK. One thing's for sure, it's a helluva sleeper.

I never took the time to clean up the engine compartment since I got in a wreck and the radiator exploded. Guess I should but obviously, I don't really care about looks. You asked for it - so here it is - in all it's glory...

eww

ahh

Now you see it...

Now you dont.

We got in a race with a guy in a supercharged Mustang a couple weeks ago and smoked his ass pretty bad. He obviously thought it was some kind of anomaly or something, so we proceeded to eat his lunch at the next 2 lights in a row. Oh, did I mention my fiancé was driving? He was pissed – like really pissed. The dude wouldn’t even look over at me at the fourth stop light - I was trying to tell him there was a cop at the next corner. He started revving his engine, hitting the limiter, and the thing backfired and shot 2 big ass fireballs out of the tail pipe. We just let him go after that. Smoked by a chick driving an old beat up truck, I guess that would kinda suck.

·
Sideways on Sundays
8,064 Posts
That thing rocks man :mullet: And I love the story about your fiance smokin' that friggin muckstain! :jester: :rofl:

·
Purple - The color of sex
1,229 Posts
Amazing job man. You know you'd pull a lot more power if you switched to NX. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts