Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

Well in the Los Angeles area the best price for gas is about $2.47-2.55 per gallon. I was just wondering if putting on a flow through "Muffler" would/will make a big difference compared to my stock muffler. I wonder if it's worth the extra expense. My 01' Durango with the 4.7 liter is what I have. Besides with the converter in place it's not a TRUE flow through anyway right?

rimfire,22

·
Registered
2,201 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
All you will gain is sound, so if you don't want more sound, just leave it stock. You might use more gas cause you will be on the gas more for the sound.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MiniMotoRider said:
All you will gain is sound, so if you don't want more sound, just leave it stock. You might use more gas cause you will be on the gas more for the sound.

rockadaous and MiniMotoRider,

Thanks for your postings. Yeah I had thought it wouldn't make a difference. My "D" is completely stock so I guess I'll just leave it as is. With any hope my muffler will last for a good long time. I believe they're made of stainless steel and I can remember those days when it was such a bog deal when they came out. Lately Conoco Union 76 is down to $2.47 per gallon compared to others so that thwere I'm going for now. Currently my muffler has just a hint of mellow rumble and I think that's enough. I have to get ready for the 51 service. Hope it doesn'r cost much. Just replaced my 02 sensor and it cost me some bucks!!! Real heavy like.

Thanks again guys,

rimfire,22

1 - 4 of 4 Posts