Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this 02 Dak 4.7L a few months ago as a project truck, was used as a farm beater for a year so the paint is in rough shape on the bed but alright. Back fenders are rotted out and the tailgate has rust holes, cab corners are getting bad too and the frame is rusty (even has a hole in one place), but still a steal for what I paid. The plan is to replace the whole bed at some point. I've put a few gadgets on it already like the two 7 inch light bars and blue accent lights in the bumper, but I've got a lot more on the way including all new "intense driving" brakes rotors, master cylinder, and brake lines, new exhaust, level, and some other doodads like tinted taillights and whatnot. Also building a custom mesh grille for it, and color matched bumpers and LED headlights are on the list. It's a budget build so it's not gonna be the greatest, but hopefully it will look pretty cool. At this point it's really just a go kart (although I do plan on using it as a daily eventually), so the 4.7 is enough power and I won't be doing any engine mods (yet).

Once my orders start coming in I'll make a project thread that I'll keep updated as I go along.

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like lights lol the blue ones might go when I color match the bumper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts