Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, lookin to get my used dak in march (3.9 4x4, black, club cab short bed).
Anyway, i have the beginning exterior mods all planned out, just wanted some pointers on where, and what kind to get. keep in mind, i want this truck to be all black... maybe even the rims, havn't decided yet... just... no chrome. I'm also going to be taking off ALL factory emblems, possibly putting a couple custom ones on, but regardless, the ones that are on it make ti look cheap IMO. Currently not interested in perf mods except for exhaust. just wanna get these small cosmetics out of the way first. i know, ricerish, but meh... $$$.

1. Safari bar (black) with rally lights mounted (KCs probably)
2. Obviously a roll pan. I found the cuda one on here and love it, yet, i'm looking for an easy install. How is it? can i keep the tire there? what is the easiest install roll pan that still looks good. I'm not too concerned of the look of the roll pan, i just want the step gone.
3. Rims. Havn't found one i like yet. Kinda want sporty non rice rims, same size as factory (change over in winter) plus i like the big tire look better than the big rim no tire look for trucks. Not a huge fan of 5 spokers on the dak (don't mean to offend)
4. black billet grill n e where?
5. i've seen the "Dodge" and "5.9 R/T" chrome emblems on the back of a couple trucks, just wonderin where to get em, and if i can find something suitable for my truck. "3.9 V6" "3.9 4x4"
6. Hard lockable bed cover. they look damn pricey...
7. i have some black euro taillights in mind. never thought i'd buy that rice, but i saw it on one dak and loved it. i'll also be capping off the headlights black

someday i want an SRT10 hood... but they look VERY expensive.

i'm a university student... $$$ is low

thanks guys, suggestions? tips?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Welcome to the site! :wave:

Your best bet for black grilles is to buy a set and have them powdercoated afterwards. I bought a set of Street Scene grilles from 360AirIntakez and they also did the powdercoating, I thought they turned out very nice.

Black rims are pretty hard to find - you can look through the wheels section of this site, they're pretty scarce. You may have to go the same route as above - pick the rims you like then have them powdercoated black.

If you get the cuda pan I believe you have to remove the spare tire, move it to the bed or ditch it altogether. Most of the other pans will allow the spare tire. Almost all of them are easy to install, the stock bumper comes off with just a handful of bolts, and the roll pans usually mount with 4 bolts and a handful of screws.

The chrome DODGE emblem comes from the tailgate of the 2002+ Dodge Ram 1500, and the 5.9 R/T comes from the 2000-2001 Durango R/T's doors. You can order these emblems from any dealership or a distributor like www.moparsupercenter.com. There are no raised V6, 4x4, or 3.9L V6 emblems that I'm aware of.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome man, thanks a lot. guess i'm gonna have to go with just the "Dodge" eh. yeah, i was thinking i might have to go the powdercoat route for the grille. as for the rims, i was thinking might head up the local rims shop and pick up a nice set of rims (80 a piece, looks nice, sporty, deep set 6 spoke... but... aluminum) and have em powdercoated, but was hoping there might be something out there. seems really hard to find a 6lug i like. thanks a lot man. i can't wait to get the truck and get this show on the road!

lol... btw, i don't know what i was thinking with the cuda rollpan... the exhaust coming out from where the tire is should have been enough for me to figure it out on my own... ahem... :clap2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts