Dakota Durango Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
Oh and while I have the rotors off I found out in need to replace my driver side hub :rant:
i didnt catch if yours is 4x4 or not, but if it is, check the rubber boots on the CV shaft. if they're ripped, you may as well replace the shaft cause it be shot within a year. and with your hub already out, you dont have to pop a balljoint to take the shaft out.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just wanted to follow up with how the truck stops.

After new ceramic pads, turned rotors and new brake fluid/lines the truck stops 10 times better than before :mullet:

Next project will be installing new hubs :banana2:

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
1,954 Posts
just out of curiosity, what did they get you for turnin the rotors? and im glad it all worked out. feels like a different truck, doesnt it? :banana2:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
just out of curiosity, what did they get you for turnin the rotors? and im glad it all worked out. feels like a different truck, doesnt it? :banana2:
30 bucks to turn both...it would have been 65+tax for new rotors that i didn't need.

I really happy for the way it turned out. I have only driven the truck twice (in the rain) since installing the setup and the peddle is firm and the braking is very nice. I did the rear disks while I had the rear axle rebuilt a few months back so with new brakes all around the truck actually stops very well :mullet:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.