Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well tonight on the way home my brake line blew...it rubbed against the spindle and wore a hole in the rubber line.

I ordered new lines and I figure while Im changing the lines and bleeding the fluid out I might as well change the pads. What do you guys recommend?

oh and the truck is an 02 quad cab with a 4.7 and I tow so stopping power would be nice :mullet:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Depends on your year/model truck. Check out http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A3671A0A0.aspxx. You might be able to find a cheaper price, but you'll at least get the part number to search for. Good luck...
Yup dont make it for the Dakota :rant:

None the less Ill get the Autozone replacements as I need my truck back up and running (its my DD).

Im going to run the stock rotors as is and throw a new set of pads in a change bleed the fluid and call it a day :mullet:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Just wanted to follow up with how the truck stops.

After new ceramic pads, turned rotors and new brake fluid/lines the truck stops 10 times better than before :mullet:

Next project will be installing new hubs :banana2:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
just out of curiosity, what did they get you for turnin the rotors? and im glad it all worked out. feels like a different truck, doesnt it? :banana2:
30 bucks to turn both...it would have been 65+tax for new rotors that i didn't need.

I really happy for the way it turned out. I have only driven the truck twice (in the rain) since installing the setup and the peddle is firm and the braking is very nice. I did the rear disks while I had the rear axle rebuilt a few months back so with new brakes all around the truck actually stops very well :mullet:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.