Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok....well over on another forum....www.DAKOTAUSA.com they have a new hood concept they are trying to get into production but we need YOUR help. The new hood will resemble the SRT-10 hood off the Ram. YES it WILL BE functional. Its basically going to be a cross between the Refelxxion cowl and the SRT-10 scoop. Anyone interested send all emails with your name and email address to [email protected]

P.S- TELL HIM I SENT YOU!!!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
C'mon, no one is interested in this hood???? This is gonna be one of the best hoods out there, but its only a dream unless we get some emails sent to [email protected] . No clue on the price yet, and the longer we wait to send the emails to him, the longer it will be before we get the hoods in production....

G

·
I'd be interested in the hood

send any pics you can get to [email protected]

I'd be interested in the hood but I gotta see some pics first...a note for the maker of the hood though...don't make the scoop or the cowl too subtle I want an eye catcher

Adam

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey man, by cnahce can you send your name and email to [email protected] He is the one with the idea..oh yeah, tell him i sent you..THANKS!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, this is just a basic design of the hood.....NOT THE ACTUAL HOOD!

Attachments

G

·
Can't say id be the first in line to buy one of those. I'm happy with my cowl hood. 2" cowl nothing major or tacky looks nice and clean

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is only a photoshopped pic. Now we have 4 or 5 companies that are interested in this hood.

G

·
If they could figure out how to make it functional ram air for the 4.7L's that would be cool. Thats the biggest hold back from me buying a hood... nobody has bothered to make a shaker or ram air style functional for the 4.7L's. Right now I am looking at either the Reflexxion cowl induction or the carbon fibre hood that somebody had come up with just a little while back. Granted neither are functional but they still look slick and cool as hell.

G

·
I have the reflexxions cowl hood. I'm not sure what u mena by not being functional, but mine sure does extract alot of heat. After a couple of runs and i park it the middle of my window gets foggy from heat. So it serves some purpose.

G

·
What I meant was "functional" for the 4.7L's. They have a totally different set up from the carbuerated motors. As far as I know there is no way to hook the 4.7L's up properly to take full advantage of the hood.

Most cowl induction hoods when they shut they shut flush to the piece that goes around the air cleaner if you have a round filter on top of the carb and not the CAI running up to the front of the truck. If you have the CAI running forwards, all the cowl is going to do is allow heat to escape out the back of the hood and not draw cold air directly into the carburetor from the hood.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Actually milan, this is the new improved hood with no place for the emblem, just got the pic today....

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, the gooch had just sent it to me when you posted the other pics. I think they did a damn good job on the new hood.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts