Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After using numerous ways to use and extender to get to the safty latch (blocked by the grill covers). I devised a block and pulley type system, using plastic covered steel cable, and Nylon block. It works way better than anything else I've tried. If y'all have any questions, feel free to ask! :banana2:

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
:biggthump Nice setup! I don't mean to be shooting you down or take away from your design in any way :sorry: , but it seems like a lot of work to fab up and install when all you really need is a piece of steel rod and a zip tie mounted like this .......

Isn't it a little tough to open your hood when you have to pull down on the loop but lift up on the hood?

·
Subscribed Member
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Alta Boy Isn't it a little tough to open your hood when you have to pull [b said:
down[/b] on the loop but lift up on the hood?

I use both hands so its not a problem.

I also didnt want rust under my hood, so it was worth 30 min and no cost.

J

·
0 Posts
Alta Boy, :rofl: I swear I didnt laugh until I read your reply. No honest I didnt :eek:wned:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I wish I had the guts to just ditch the safety latch. I'm thinking of using some old school hold down pins. If it's good enough for a Mopar muscle car, it's good enough for me.

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
HELL YEA....sry got excited....the pins sound like an awsome idea

1 - 10 of 10 Posts