Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my new hids in yesterday, but the mail came extremely late, and i wasn't going to fiddle with everything in the dark or under my crappy carport light. so today i got to it. i was seriously debating about just going to the truck shop here and paying them 20 bucks to do it, because it was THAT cold, and this was the first time id be doing this, so i was kinda nervous, but it did go well. i had a hard enough time getting the driver side off, gosh. passenger took me all of 5 seconds to replace, i was on this one for a good 20 minutes. in the picture, i know the driver side looks alot brighter or whatever, idk why, i guess it was the way i was standing? everythings fine though, i am proud of myself.

they are 10k hids, but they look 8k to me, im not really worried about it, the blue to me looks kinda 'ricey' anyways.

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks like a much brighter bulb over stock. just be sure to aim them a little lower from the stock setting so that you arent blinding people

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a much brighter bulb over stock. just be sure to aim them a little lower from the stock setting so that you arent blinding people
yes, 10000k.
Are you using stock headlights? What brand are you using?
stock yes, got them from a reseller online, pm for link dont want to advertise

·
14 cylinders
2,101 Posts
10k HIDs in reflector housings.

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Happy 4th of July!
47,199 Posts
Looks horridly obnoxious. No surprise there...

10K is SUPER blue. 6k is just starting to edge on blue.

·
Registered
522 Posts
agreed.. if its a car just sitting there it looks cool but....i hate them comming at me down the road. or worse yet behind me. :huh:

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
Kudos on your first install :eek:nethumb: .......but IMHO anything over 6000K is pointless and looks horrible. You're paying for HID's for the "best" light output right?? Why not get the brightest one then!? All because the blue light looks cool!? Rice. :jester:

Certain brand 6000K's are still too blue. Some brands don't even carry 4300K or 5000K, but I think those are the only 2 that look good and are obviously brighter.

As already stated, make sure you re-aim your headlights out of courtesy. :mullet:

·
Stock Lookin'
3,040 Posts
The blue looks ghey. I see people with them all the time. Makes me wanna rip out their headlights. Bright white is nice. But blue? purple? wtf.

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
Aiming down doesn't help in the rain...just reflects up and blinds people anyway.
Well, yea....but it's better than not adjusting them period.

booms old HIDS-6000kbelieve.
Oh shit, yea...I forgot you bought my old HID's! Damn, they're still going strong for ya huh!? I honestly can't remember if those were 8000K or 6000K??? It's been awhile....:huh: Better than 10000K though.

Reactions: zclif2601

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
HID's are short for hideous and should be outlawed!

·
Chillin The Most
29,241 Posts
Well, yea....but it's better than not adjusting them period.

Oh shit, yea...I forgot you bought my old HID's! Damn, they're still going strong for ya huh!? I honestly can't remember if those were 8000K or 6000K??? It's been awhile....:huh: Better than 10000K though.
Yea man they still got some life in them. I wonder if I changed the bulb if they would be brighter:huh:

·
The Asian Persuasion
2,644 Posts
Yea man they still got some life in them. I wonder if I changed the bulb if they would be brighter:huh:
You could change the bulb if you wanted to. A lot of the aftermarket HID kits are similar, so just look around for some bulbs for cheap and get what you want. It's all plug-n-play, so I don't see why you couldn't. My next HID's are going to be 4300K or 5000K and my fogs are going to be 3000K.

·
just not dark enough
303 Posts
looks good man great job
i dont mind the blue dont seem so ricer to me its all the luxury cars is wat i see them on but just my op great job tho

·
vtec kickin in yo
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i know they give off the 'ricer' look, but i like the blueish tint. not deep blue like alot of cars, and sure as hell not purple, but the white/blue look i do like. i was just pretty happy i did it myself and felt like sharing it. and it is mainly for looks, i rarely drive the truck anymore, im going to put some 6000k in the civic after i get my tat finished up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts