Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brother-in-law mechanic just replaced the heater core and thermostat in our 2000 Durango. This has resolved the foggy windows but now we have barely any heat at all and always icy cold air blowing in on our feet! No matter what setting we have the system set at (defrost, floor, dash) there is ALWAYS air blowing from the dash vents. Have already "burped" the cooling system. Covered radiator with cardboard to try to increase the temp of the coolant. Runs about 180-190 degrees with or without the cardboard. Any suggestions?

·
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
10,424 Posts
Sounds like there is still air in the system. Feel the heater hoses going in the firewall, see if they are both HOT. Last time I flushed my system, I ended up having to run the hell out of the truck to push the air out. Got it nice and hot and beat on it for a little bit, after a couple min, it started to blow heat. Is is the best way? Probably not, but it works and I felt better...

The panel setting issue could be as simple as a disconnected vacuum line. Usually when the line is off it only blows out the defroster vent though...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, we raised the front end and ran the Durango for one hour without the radiator cap. When it's idling in the garage the air seems pretty warm (as warm as before these problems!) but when you take it out on the road, the air significantly cools. AND, there's ALL cold air blowing in on the passenger floor, kind of around the housing at the feet. Suggestions?

·
Bippity Boppity Buppity
379 Posts
Possibly a blend door malfunction and/or a direction malfunction. Could be a vac leak in the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.