Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7L V8 Magnum Project Truck
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the look of the orange parking light lens on my 02, so I was going to get rid of it by buying some cheap aftermarket headlights, but then I saw some Dakotas where it looks like just the parking light lens was replaced with a clear one. Does anybody know if I can buy a set of these clear lenses anywhere?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some, thanks!

·
Registered
2003 Dakota SLT 3.9L (Intake, ported throttle body, short-tube headers, MagnaFlow exhaust)
14 Posts
I wouldn’t know if they have the parking light bar alone with a clear case, but you can find a pair of oem-style all-in-one headlight units that have a clear section for the parking lights all over the place. eBay, Amazon, CarID, etc, usually for around $100-150. Just be careful and read the comments on the product. I’ve wasted over $400 on halo/projector headlights and installation previously because I didn’t think to do so.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found just the parking light lenses for about $50-60, but since like you said I can get a whole headlight for not that much more, I'll probably go that route since mine are started to fog up anyways. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
If you go the clear corner route, make sure you pick up some chrome coated turn signal bulbs. They won't be as bright, but it will be a better look.

Reactions: Justin Tompkins

·
Registered
2003 Dakota SLT 3.9L (Intake, ported throttle body, short-tube headers, MagnaFlow exhaust)
14 Posts
Did this with the drls on my projector headlights. Can confirm, looks much better than standard orange bulbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the tip guys! Headlights got left out this time around in favor of more power, but I'll definitely keep this in mind. If I have any tint left over after I do my taillights I might do the turn signals, I've seen it done and it looks a bit better!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check out spyder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he’s looking for more of a factory-style assembly. I bought these after buying a pair of Spec-D lights, which weren’t worth crap. Spyder was definitely a better product, and I’d recommend them to anyone looking for good halos.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I mean I would love halos but money is an issue here haha! Just wanted something cheapish to get rid of the orange lens, but I just bought a tuner chip instead so I'll have to save headlights for next time. Thanks for all the help guys!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I mean I would love halos but money is an issue here haha! Just wanted something cheapish to get rid of the orange lens, but I just bought a tuner chip instead so I'll have to save headlights for next time. Thanks for all the help guys!
I’ll tell you this for when you do get headlights: Don’t cheap out. When it comes to these trucks, you get what you pay for. I payed $150 for a pair of halo projectors, and they weren’t worth crap. Came back and bought another pair for 250, much better quality, and the wiring was easy enough for a first-timer like me to install them myself. If you like euro styled headlights, these are fairly low priced, and are fairly popular among Dakota and Durango guys. However, if you can find a pair of lights from Lumen, they tend to be the best in this style, you just can’t find them in stock anywhere. FOR 1997-2004 DODGE DAKOTA/DURANGO CHROME HOUSING HEADLIGHT BUMPER LAMPS SET US | eBay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I’ll tell you this for when you do get headlights: Don’t cheap out. When it comes to these trucks, you get what you pay for. I payed $150 for a pair of halo projectors, and they weren’t worth crap. Came back and bought another pair for 250, much better quality, and the wiring was easy enough for a first-timer like me to install them myself. If you like euro styled headlights, these are fairly low priced, and are fairly popular among Dakota and Durango guys. However, if you can find a pair of lights from Lumen, they tend to be the best in this style, you just can’t find them in stock anywhere. FOR 1997-2004 DODGE DAKOTA/DURANGO CHROME HOUSING HEADLIGHT BUMPER LAMPS SET US | eBay
Thanks for the tip! That is a good price, I was thinking about these but it's sooooo hard to decide between smoked and clear 🤔 but I'm kinda leaning towards clear at this point so I'm not compromising the brightness For 97-04 Dodge Dakota/Durango Headlight/Lamp Smoked Housing Clear Corner Signal | eBay

·
Registered
14 Posts
As long as you get decent bulbs, the smoked version won’t make a noticeable impact on visibility, especially when it’s as light as this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts