Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing Gibson's stainless dual sport system and gotta say I give it an A+. Install time including removing stock muffler and tail pipe was under 1hr., and the sound is just what I was looking for. Slightly louder than stock at idle and a nice deep roar when you put your foot in it. I've had two Flowmaster 40 series systems before, 88 GTA 5.7 and 98 Ram 5.2, they were loud and I loved them but the wife didn't so this system was the perfect compromise.

P.S. Gibson's sound bytes on their web site don't do the system any justice, it's got a much deeper throaty sound in person.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I also installed the Gibson on my 03 R/T and I love it. A nice mellow tone at idle and a good sound that turns heads when you put your foot into it. My system did not install as well as yours did. I had to make some extra bends in the rear pipes to get it to fit. Other then that it worked out well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you have a noticeable difference in power. I looking towards the same but ,single swept side because I tow often .They dont suggest two pipes because they aim towards the trailer
"lifes a Journey..Not a Destination"
:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Gibson claimed a 10-13hp increase with their system. Too little to notice with the butt dyno but sounds and looks great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts