Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I had them on the bottom in between the valence holes, they came out cock-eyed, so i top mounted them and they came out perfect

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Why 4 fog lights?

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 2 outsides are disconnected, and why a lifted 2wd?

·
Banned
25,820 Posts
Reconnect them then :huh:

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
one blown, so im going to replace them then ill splice

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea not bad, i tightened em down enough but still where i can actuate them left right and up and down

·
S.S. Neigel USAF
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they're called navigator can pick em up at advance, and 14ga

·
Resident Craigslist Whore
3,230 Posts
they're called navigator can pick em up at advance, and 14ga
those fogs are great, for everything! ive replaced the factory fogs on every dak ive ever owned with these. and ive used them as reverse lights twice and eliminated the shitty factory reverse lights. they're bright as hell!

and rollers888, i noticed you dont have factory fogs in your pic??? before you run the wires that come with the kit, look and see if your truck has the wires zip tied to the harness next to the radiator. my 04 didnt have factory fogs, but had the wires there. i just put in the fogs, plugged them in, and picked up a factory headlight w/fogs switch on ebay for $15 and put a fuse in the "fog light" spot, and the work just like factory. no adding switches or wires at all.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
and rollers888, i noticed you dont have factory fogs in your pic??? before you run the wires that come with the kit, look and see if your truck has the wires zip tied to the harness next to the radiator. my 04 didnt have factory fogs, but had the wires there. i just put in the fogs, plugged them in, and picked up a factory headlight w/fogs switch on ebay for $15 and put a fuse in the "fog light" spot, and the work just like factory. no adding switches or wires at all.
thanks for that man, i would of never know really. But if i replace with say 12ga wire would i get any better light output?

·
3,230 Posts
thanks for that man, i would of never know really. But if i replace with say 12ga wire would i get any better light output?
if you did, it wouldn't even be a noticeable amount. i always get a kick out of people telling me that if i run fogs off 14 ga wire, my truck will burn down. no, it wont. if you look at the wiring thats included with these fog lights, its atleast 14 and maybe even 16 to begin with. you'd be fine with factory wiring.

·
USMC
3,174 Posts
if you did, it wouldn't even be a noticeable amount. i always get a kick out of people telling me that if i run fogs off 14 ga wire, my truck will burn down. no, it wont. if you look at the wiring thats included with these fog lights, its atleast 14 and maybe even 16 to begin with. you'd be fine with factory wiring.
well sweet then, that saves me from doing unnecessary shit lol. but yea if i ever can even afford anything else for my truck after my new tires i guess i will be doing this, i just need a good place to mount them

·
3,230 Posts
yeah, check and make sure you got the wires there, and if so, you should be good to go. every dakota ive had so far had them, so i dont see why yours wouldnt.

i just need a good place to mount them
in my 02 i just modified the existing fog light mounts. but here's how i mounted mine in my 04 that had no factory fogs (not perfect, but its aluminum so it will never rust):

Attachments

·
Pre-Teen Giggle Brigade
70 Posts
damn son they are bright, and i likes it! my fogs are all effed up..i tired to put some in cause when i got it they were out but came with it from the factory..long story short the damn things will never go off even with the whole car off. they will only turn off with the fuse out..sucks i know..anybody know why?

·
3,230 Posts
so his square lights and your circle ones are the same?
same manufacturer, i believe. just different shape. i just stick with the round ones because they're the same size as factory fogs.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts