Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Fuel Monster
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys,
I bought a new deck (Kenwood 525) and my buddy told me tonight that it might screw my airbags.
When he had his deck installed, they told him that.
Did anyone ever hear of this or have it happen?

Thanks

· Registered
175 Posts
slvdak said:
Ok guys,
I bought a new deck (Kenwood 525) and my buddy told me tonight that it might screw my airbags.
When he had his deck installed, they told him that.
Did anyone ever hear of this or have it happen?

Thanks
I have no idea why it would screw up your airbags. I have had 5 different decks in mine, from Kenwood to panasonic, and everything in between. Currently I have the Pioneer AVIC unit with no problems or issues with the airbag system (massive unit with all the electronics & such). Sounds like I would find a new install guy...

· adicted to GT4
93 Posts
the only way I can see that screwing with your airbag is if the installer is incompetent and starts cutting random wires while installing. Hell just get a wire harness for it, splice the wires into the radio in your house, go out and plug the damn thing into your truck, done with wiring, now just put a few screws into the mounts and replace any dash pieces or trim you may have had to remove (never installed in a Dak or rango) and you are done. simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.