Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

I'm a die-hard Mopar guy, so this isn't my first Dodge truck. It is my first Dakota, though. I managed to score a 2003 Sport, regular cab, short bed, 2WD, 4.7, with a manual transmission. It's a pretty rare configuration, so I'm pretty stoked about it. I plan to lower it and make a hot rod out of it.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
2003 Dakota Club Cab Sport 4.7L
224 Posts
Regular cab short bed? That configuration doesn't exist. You have a regular cab standard bed. 6'6". Only the 4-doors from that era had the short bed, 5' something.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
224 Posts
Yeah sorry, but it does tend to be a point of confusion, as there were 3 bed lengths for Dakota over the years. Many people think of the short bed as the 5' bed, and the standard bed as the 6'6" length.
Earlier Dakotas were available with an 8' bed -- up thru maybe '99?

Welcome to the group. Looking forward to seeing pics of your project.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here it is, in all its mismatched glory.

I'm going to lower it with at least a 3/5 kit and a bunch of other goodies. I definitely need that tailgate painted to match and some better lighting.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! I removed the canopy and I think it looks a lot better. Some OEM tail lights are on the way and I removed the rest of the stickers from the tailgate. I may keep an eye out for a black one at the local yards.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
224 Posts
Awww. I liked your aftermarket tail lights. Want to unload them?

I bet if you pull the tailgate and do all the prep work yourself, you can get that tailgate painted for under $200.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
224 Posts
You do have mismatched front and rear bumpers. The rear is off an SLT. I'm in the same situation -- looking for a good non-chrome rear bumper.

·
Registered
2003 Dakota Sport
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll sell the tail lights if you're interested. I'd only want like $40 for them. The rear bumper was swapped out for a chrome one with the tailgate. Apparently, it had an accident with a trailer that damaged both. I'm going to put a roll pan on it, so the bumper is going away eventually.

·
C'mon Dodge - NEW DAKOTA
224 Posts
Sending PM.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts