Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wuz up! so what do you recommend to do first? I'm going to get my exhaust may be today or tomorrow morning I'm looking at a flowmaster. what do you think of flow master since I'm new in the domestic area.I have a 1998 5.2 V8 Ext Cad. I just sold my 1995 Honda Civic to get my Dak. Thanks in advance for any responses .

late,
Eddie :confused:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
welcome to the boards. get yourself an intake after the exhaust and go from there TB, headers, etc......

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
worldtec said:
Wuz up! so what do you recommend to do first? I'm going to get my exhaust may be today or tomorrow morning I'm looking at a flowmaster. what do you think of flow master since I'm new in the domestic area.I have a 1998 5.2 V8 Ext Cad. I just sold my 1995 Honda Civic to get my Dak. Thanks in advance for any responses .

late,
Eddie :confused:
Welcome to the club Eddie.... Sounds like you've got a nice truck there.

A flowmaster is great... you can get a better exhaust system with more performance... but you can't go wrong with the classic flowmaster sound. I'd say you're alright with flowz.

I noticed you live in El Paso....wow... thats far from me.. but at least you're a Texan... it's good to see ya on here. Intake would be good for you... those 5.2's are a good motor... but they definately need some work to crank out the real power.

Keep us posted. There will soon be a Texas Based Dakota website to make meets and so forth.... just make sure to look on here for more details.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I JUST INSTALLED INSTALLED MY FLOW MASTER AND WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE IT MADE. NOW IS IT NORMAL FOR IT TO INCREASE THE RPM AT IDLE? FROM 500 TO 600 AND 700.

:jawdrop:

·
Registered
189 Posts
worldtec said:
I JUST INSTALLED INSTALLED MY FLOW MASTER AND WHAT A BIG DIFFERENCE IT MADE. NOW IS IT NORMAL FOR IT TO INCREASE THE RPM AT IDLE? FROM 500 TO 600 AND 700.

:jawdrop:
i wouldnt think it would change idle too much unless your old one was pluged up... the pcm will learn and adjust.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
grumble grumble

A good cat back should lower the idle-but he's right the computer will learn. I used a Gibson big fatty 3 inch Dynaflow, Hi Flo Cat with JBA headers...idle went down significant and smoothed out. I now idle at below 500--about 450 smooth and low. By 1200 rpm I'm screamin and by 2000 i'm screamin and by 3500 they're screamin. Remember to ballance the front with the back-like a nice lady-you can only draw in what she'll spit out. :mullet: :mullet:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHAT WILL A TB WILL DO AS FAR AS PERFORMANCE? HOW MUCH DID YOU GUYS SPEND ON YOUR HEADERS? INSTALL WAS IT HARD OR EASY? HOW MUCH TIME DID IT TAKE YOU GUYS? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
462 Posts
On your 5.2 I would run the 50mm CNC's. They give you about 20% more flow over stock. Too much more then that will kill off torque.

Headers run between $300 and $500. Installing the headers is rather easy if you can get under the truck. Removing the old stuff depending on its condition takes up most of the time. Plan on making this a weekend project.

If your exhaust system is in poor condition I would make plans to replace the entire system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.