Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm impatient, but I think I found a pretty good deal on what I want. It is a patriot blue 2000 QC. Getting it for like $30 less than the insurance check will be from the other Dak. Higher miles, but it seems that it has been taken care of with oil change, trans oil change, etc. records. Body should be 100% clean with a tiny dent in the front bumper (like an inch). Came from California so no rust. Tiny bit of work to do like a wheel bearing and the evap canister is throwing some codes. He took $600 off the price for that stuff because that's what a mechanic quoted him, and I know I can do it for less, so that's a plus.

Pics tomorrow when I go pick it up. Gotta drive 200 miles first though to get it.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
how many of them are you going to own? save some dakotas for the rest of us man :jester:

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how many of them are you going to own? save some dakotas for the rest of us man :jester:
Two. At all times.

Did you not hear the news that the other Dak was totaled? Damn engine was shot from a "fender bender" my wife had.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Two. At all times.

Did you not hear the news that the other Dak was totaled? Damn engine was shot from a "fender bender" my wife had.
Yeah I saw that...and the video you posted...it sounded rough.

Is anyone gonna pull that motor apart, or is it insurance's problem now? It would be interesting to see what failed.

Did you pass up that amber fire dakota?

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I saw that...and the video you posted...it sounded rough.

Is anyone gonna pull that motor apart, or is it insurance's problem now? It would be interesting to see what failed.

Did you pass up that amber fire dakota?
Insurance company's problem I guess.

Passed on the two amber fire ones I was looking at. The first one was just too expensive because it was from a dealer and is in North Dakota. The second is jacked up, huge tires, huge stereo, and I need none of those, plus body damage and rust. So for $1300 less than the first, and $200 more than the second, I'm springing for this QC.

BTW, as you probably noticed, I have a teaser pic from the Craigslist ad in my sig now.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waiting for my mother to get here so she can go with me. I'm taking my rental car to drop it off in a town close to where the pickup is, so I need a 2nd person to help in that 20 mile transfer. Should be leaving here in less than an hour.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Where are you getting the truck from?
Private party.

Just got home. Didn't get good pics today because we were in a hurry to get home. I'll go get the few I just took but they suck in the dark.

A few small flaws, but otherwise I think the paint will shine up nice. Dent in front bumper as you can see in one pic below. Dent/scrape in the driver's door where it got doored pretty good I guess. Probably an inch square.

Really nice on the inside, a few small things. The ash tray is broken on one side, and the rear cup holders need a screw to keep it from being pulled all the way out, then the center console needs something done so it doesn't flip all the way open and get broken. I think one speaker is blown, but I still have a pair from Christmas that I was going to install in the rear of the other one and never got around to.

It has the Infinity, and steering wheel controls. Pretty jacked about that.

True dual exhaust to the best of my knowledge, didn't get much of a chance to look it over. K&N CAI with the box installed in there too. Plus the air-hat has been taken completely off, so it goes straight into the intake.

Toneau cover. One of the shocks on it is broken a bit, where it connects to the bracket. Has a wear spot on the rear corner above the tail light where the toneau has rubbed it bare. Then on the front where the hinges are there is some scratching on the cab.

I think it needs front rotors, or at least one new one, so of course I'll replace both. I see a receipt for turning the rotors about 5 years ago, which means they will warp easier.

It is throwing an EVAP code that I knew about. And a mechanic said it needs the front passenger wheel bearing.

Feels like I'm describing a horrible pickup here since I'm pointing out all the flaws. But this is tiny shit that really isn't noticeable to the majority of folks.

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
atta boy jay,,now dont let the wifey near it lol
After I picked it up, I still had to drive my rental car about 20 miles to drop it off, and my mom drove the Dak, took my 3 year old son with her. On the way, he says, completely and totally unprompted (I SWEAR!), "Mommy can't drive this truck 'cause she will CRASH IT!"

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Nice choice of color...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Could we get some grainier, darker pics???

Maybe a shittier cell phone to take them with???

:funny:

Todd

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow, those are some terrible pictures.
Could we get some grainier, darker pics???

Maybe a shittier cell phone to take them with???

Todd
Can't say I didn't warn ya.

I only work til Noon today, so I'll have plenty of time to get it washed and get some pics.

And why ya gotta pick on my Blackberry?

·
Dak-Dur 11th Most Wanted
12,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 28 Posts