Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently decided to install my Pioneer head unit from my other car into my 98 Durango. I got a kit and harness and proceeded to connect the aftermarket harness to the harness that plugs into the back of the aftermarket cd player (comes with cd player). After doing so, and plugging the factory up, the power turned on on the cd player and it could tune to the radio and take cd's but no sound ever came out of the speakers. I unwired and rewired it several times with the same result. Either I'm a total idiot and I miswired it every time or I have a problem that I have never heard of. I know that it isn't a problem with the cd player b/c it worked fine in my other car...I'm baffled at this point and any type of help or direction would really be awesome. Thanks for the help fellas!

·
Registered
17 Posts
do you have any sound from the radio? there is a wire that comes from the amp. its the remote wire I believe its on the end of one of the connectors and they say to connect it to your power antenna. If you do that it will only work for the radio. You need to either connect it to the blue and white wire on you cd player or wire it into the ignition wire i believe it is red. it will bypass it and whenever you turn the car on the anp will work as normal.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I had a problem very similar with my pioneer install, as Tea81 said the blue wire coming out of the head label power antenna needs to be connected to the remote system (both wires are blue). This worked for me until I installed my system and I found out that some how the system turn on coming out of the head unit was a dead connection. If connect the two blue wires and this still doesn’t fix your problem find the wire label illumination (I believe its the yellow wire) and remove some of the wire's insulation to expose the bare wire, take the remote system turn on (NOT THE ONE COMING OUT OF THE HEAD UNIT, the blue wire attached to the factory wiring harness adaptor) and strip the insulation and then wrap it around the illumination then wrap it with electrical tape. That sound work for you if it doesn’t there is another route you could take.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I am having the same problem. I thought it was the head unit so I got it exchanged and then searched here to find out if someone else had this problem. If you got it to work, could you tell me? Thank you. And thanks for telling someone else how to fix a problem I needed to fix so I could find out how to, =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.