Dakota Durango Forum banner

New Build Up Progress - New Thread

3K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  DurangoDudeNJ 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I posted some pics of the motor in it's current state so I thought I'd share.

Still a few thing's to do before launch but I'm DAMN close!!! :biggthump

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
99durango318 said:
Wow dude, Ur my Hero..... that truck hittin 12's? or better??.......sorry if the 12's insulted you i just want to kno what it runs :biggthump

No insult taken man!!

I'd like to see 12's, but let me stress I didn't build the truck to race it. It's simply a hot street truck, but I'll take it to the track once, run three times, just to see what it does.

#11 ·
99durango318 said:
Wow man, ur a Durango God!.....u got any parts layin around u wanna sell to me that would help my truck get out of the 17's lol ? im at a 17.0 right now

Nope, not really. Sorry. Got lots of stuff I'll be selling soon but mostly odds 'n ends.

#12 ·
Here's the latest pics as of TODAY!!

I still have some things to connect, adjust, and hook up but this is pretty much how the completed motor will look like.

Attachments

#16 ·
Finished up the motor this week!! Ummmm, actually, that's a little incorrect. I'm still waiting for some fittings/lines for the aftercooler and a 4" to 3.5" silicone reducer for the intake system. Other than that I made my last few adjustments and connections.

Was able to fire it up on for the first time in almost two years. Man it sounded sweet!! But couldn't let it run for more than 20seconds as I noticed a slight fuel leak around the aux injector lines. Take car of that this coming weekend.

Push button start worked like a charm!! (BIG TIME KUDOS to BoominKota for the help on the wiring).

Here's some more pics.

Attachments

#17 ·
More......

I included some shots of the new exhaust tips (4" stainless slash cut), the logo on the lift gate, and a passenger side view of the interior with the new guages in the center console.

As soon as the misc stuff I'm waiting for arrives and I can complete my brakes, I'll take it to the dyno. Whoooohoooo!!!

Attachments

#21 ·
jmac2000dge said:
:drool: That is AWESOME :drool: I've said it before, that is one sweet durango. Glad you're almost done of the engine and all :biggthump :clap2:

Thanks man! Me Too!! After almost two years of seeing the truck sit lifleless, I was pumped to finally hear it fire up.

#22 ·
DurangoDudeNJ said:
After almost two years of seeing the truck sit lifleless, I was pumped to finally hear it fire up.
AAAHHHHH yeah i'd imagine. 2yrs, man that's a long time. I don't think i'd be able to wait, but after seeing your pics of how much time,$$$$,and detail that has gone into this, I think its well worth it. :bow: The time i mean. Don't know details on the $$$$. :biggthump

#23 ·
jmac2000dge said:
AAAHHHHH yeah i'd imagine. 2yrs, man that's a long time. I don't think i'd be able to wait, but after seeing your pics of how much time,$$$$,and detail that has gone into this, I think its well worth it. :bow: The time i mean. Don't know details on the $$$$. :biggthump

Well, I think it was well worth it..... my Wife on the other hand. Uhhhh, no. LOL! Seriously, she's just happy I'm not blowin' my money on something worthless and she knows how much I enjoy working on the D.

At this point, I don't even WANT to think about the cash invested. :stop:

:wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.