Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
not bad looking... very different... never seen anything like it in my life. Is it all done with plexi or what? I'm not sure how plexi will hold up under higher temperatures, much less how and if that plexi will keep heat away from that COLD air you are wanting in your engine. But either way I'm gunna give you some props because I wouldn't have tryed what you did, and it looks pretty good.

where is the filter? I'm only guessing in that box to the left, but I'm not sure if I see it there. If you did use a filter, what filter did you use.

If you didn't use a filter.... ur gunna need one... thats for damn sure!

Paul

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
filter

ya the filter is in the box to the left and the plexi holds up real good. no warping are anything yet. so far so good and the Iat is mounted in the bottom of the box were the cool air comes in from the front by one of the 3" holes

·
Super Modder
4,368 Posts
sweet idea but looks primative(in a cool way)...i dont know about those hoses though. have you tried driving it around over a long period of time...will the heat make it warp or discolor? its very different ill give you that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great Idea, I wouldnt have done that myself either but great job...If for some reason that plexi doesnt hold up remake it with 1/4 Lexan, that shit has like a 1000 degree melting temperature...It would barely get warm under a 180 degree hood...I use that stuff all the time at work and am also into rc's...I made a motor mount for a engine kit(that didnt come with one and should have) out of 1/4 inch lexan, barely got warm hooked directly to a engine that runs at a 260 degree temperature...I tell you what, the heat transfer is so minimal the all metal chassis never even got warm and before it would burn you enough to jump if you touched it with out paying attention to what you were doing...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts