Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just wanted you to know there is another 5.2 guy here.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You betcha there's another 5.2 guy. I've had my Dakota since '98, brand new off the lot. Greetings everyone, this is my first post here or anywhere in a while.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know guys, this has been a great truck. I've never had to take it to the shop for anything. Really, there's so much support out there for these Dakotas, you can do just about everthing yourself. I did have to replace the rear ABS/Speed sensor that goes in the differential. So far this is the only problem I've had. One of these days I'm hoping to add a Keisler 5 speed tranny to this baby and start playing harder.

Right now I'm using it to pull my boat up some steep mountain roads and its like the boats not even there. The Bilsteins are great along with the Hotchkiss overload leaf. It rides really well.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I new here, but I'm at DTW, DTalk and SUVW. All in all you can really learn and help quit a bit through these boards:woot:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New here too, but I hang out on DakotaUSA, Ramchargercentral, and NAGCA.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
new guy

Im a new guy as well. I usuallt post on dodgedakotas and dodge truckworld. 5.2 is da bomb:woot:

·
What tha duece?!
254 Posts
Just another new guy

New dude here too. I just recently traded in my 2002 Mazda Protege'5 for my Spicy Red Metallic 1999 Durango SLT 5.2L and I love it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
5.2 Dakota here. Had lots of problems with mine but the big engine and a manual trans help me to get through those problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm new here as well, hopefully i can learn a little more about our trucks in general and try to decide which direction I want to go into the performance of the truck.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Another New Dak Man

I am new here as well. But I am a member of Sova-Dakotas.com/net If there is anybody in the Southern Virginia area, feel free to check out the sites and start hanging out with other members.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hurst Shifter

GS - said:
You betcha there's another 5.2 guy. I've had my Dakota since '98, brand new off the lot. Greetings everyone, this is my first post here or anywhere in a while.
How do you like that Hurst Shifter? I put one in my Dakota too and I really don't like the way it shifts. The stock shifter was so much smoother. Thinking about puting it back in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ive been coming to the site for a while and decided to sign up. Im tied to about 3-4 of these kinds of sites lol. Almost too much to keep up with. Im a 5.2 owner myself. 318s can last longer than the body if taken care of lol. Theyve been making it since 68 so 35+ years of production under its belt is gonna shine with the later motors. I used to have one in a Dart and it was a great motor..... :mullet: :biggthump

·
Registered
406 Posts
5.2 are great, especially if you have the 5 speed manual...the 5.9's are really really nice and have more power, but there's something about being in complete control during the driving experience of the 5.2L 5 speed that is just unreplacable...Anyone tell seriousl the exact reason chrysler didn't make the 5.9's with a stick?...like what wer they thinking..

·
Registered
17 Posts
whats sweet about the 318 reg cabs is that its the performance truck that more or less slipped through the cracks of magazines. the only write up ive ever found on the 318 optioned reg cab was in car and driver or motor trend i think. it wasnt long after the 97 body style came out. the one they tested was a 5 speed 318 with 3.92 single traction. what they had to say was that it was basicly how it was back in the days of stripped down muscle cars. pretty impressive performance for a cheap price. they did also mentioned how much better it would be if the truck they tested had positive traction :rofl: the article is so old now that they dont have it on the site anymore. i agree about having a manual tranny behind a v8. theres nothing else like it. even though it will take some serious coin, i plan to swap mine to a 5 speed....i have a post about it goin now lol...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts