Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I gotmy truck i have been tryingto figureout a way to put a sub box in but everyone I have talked to says it'll cost way to much. I would like to put it behind the rear seat because i'd like them to be hidden but there isn't much room. Does anyone have any suggestions for where to put some subs?

Nick

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
How about underneath the rear seat? I'm guessing it's a bench seat like most QC's and could possibly fit 1 or 2 12"s in it or 2 10"s at least. Get some measurements and pictures of what we have to work with here. :) Plus the back of the seat can be used to hide the amps (don't forget about those)

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
I was looking at putting em behind my back seat as well. I'm pretty sure they'll fit, pop out the seats and make some measurements. You'll probably get around to it before me so keep me posted as to what you go with.

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Depending on what size sub you want to put in it. I had a box built that fits on the driveshaft hump in between the front and rear seats of my quad. I've got an 8 in earthquake. Its not the loudest thing in the world but it sounds pretty good. If not MTX makes a box that fits behind the second row seats on the driver side. Its a little pricey and you can't fold the seat up once its installed but maybe that will suit you a lil better. Hears a pic of it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found an MTX box with an MTX 4500 in it. Is that a good sub at all? Or should I get an empty box and get my own sub? If so, what sounds good and will fit in it? Also what are some good amps to run that 4500 or any others subs you might suggest.

This is the quad cab box btw.

C

·
0 Posts
I saw on Ebay LOTS of boxes that are designed to go under the rear drivers side seat. They were going for about 125.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I too have had this problem, and even after spending a butt-load of money on a new system I still don't have a sub for the simple reason that theres no good place to put one in a QC :rant: If you use the MTX box behind the rear seat you can't lift the seat, so thats out. There is no box slim enough to fit under the seats. The only thing that we (Car Toys) could come up with is a custom fiberglass box in the space under the armreat and middle seat cusion of the front seat. Next problem is I can't find anyone to make one under $500 and thats without the sub :(

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I was looking at something that would move the brackets for the rear seat up 2 inches and thus giving more room for a sub box. Maybe you could try several different ones and see which one fits?

·
Super Moderator
79,419 Posts
Tazz be careful. That one you found is for the Ram quad cab. The one you want is on the same page but up about two spots. Just thought I'd let you know so you didn't order it by mistake.

·
Registered
61 Posts
my buddy and I just put a 12" pioneer sub, the new real shallow one in a box behind the passenger rear seat. it cost him $150 bucks to have the box made, carpeted, and installed. I have a guy at magnolia here that gives us a real good deal. it acctually sounds pretty good for what it is. Car toys wanted around $450 for the same box and it wasn't installed or nothing. the only hitch was he had to relocate his jack, not a big deal though.

·
Jay
11,490 Posts
Can you post up some pics of that shallow sub setup, here is one of my temperary setup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sub in back of rear seat

I built a custom box and embedded it into my rear seat. I moved the seat forward 1" for more clearance and cut most of the foam out of the middle seat back. Lets me still have 5 passengers, fold the seat up like normal, not have any clue it's there, and sounds good. Only enough room for an 8" sub, but fine for adding some punch rather than blowing the windows.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pics

Sorry, forgot to take pictures as I was working on the project. Can't take one without taking the seat out since you can't see anything from the inside. I will be taking my seat out soon so I can do it then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts