Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that the traffic to the message board has dropped off lately... I'm curious whether people are finding this message board less attractive than some of the others, or are there just too many of them out there for people to regularly visit?

Is there anything I can do to help make this board a better place for people to visit more often?

·
Speed Freak
269 Posts
well i don't have anything bad to say cause this is the only site that i visit. it gives me all the info i need. good work!:D

G

·
Didn't know there was a fourms here,New to the fourms but have checked out the site several times,There is alot of compeition out there also,a few FREE parts would make the Durango more ATTRACTIVE over the OTHERS,JK,Sorry to stray off topic,RICK

G

·
Web Site Suggestion..

My comments through the use of this web site are in NO way a complaint as such, but.. could we consider eliminating the horizontal scroll bar?

I'm running a 17" monitor set to the industry standard 800x600 pixels. I find it can be some'what annoying having to continuously jump between both scroll bars to enable me to read through the pages.

I have read the following in various internet "web design" sites.. "when given the choice between designing a web site that includes a horizontal scroll bar or one that doesn't, it's always better to design one without. It has been found through trial and error that it's always easier to scroll through pages vertically.. then it is scrolling horizontally".

Thanks for the time and effort all of you have put into the site.. and for considering my comment on the web site change.

Dakota_Duce

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Web Site Suggestion..

Dakota_Duce said:
My comments through the use of this web site are in NO way a complaint as such, but.. could we consider eliminating the horizontal scroll bar?

I'm running a 17" monitor set to the industry standard 800x600 pixels. I find it can be some'what annoying having to continuously jump between both scroll bars to enable me to read through the pages.

I have read the following in various internet "web design" sites.. "when given the choice between designing a web site that includes a horizontal scroll bar or one that doesn't, it's always better to design one without. It has been found through trial and error that it's always easier to scroll through pages vertically.. then it is scrolling horizontally".

Thanks for the time and effort all of you have put into the site.. and for considering my comment on the web site change.

Dakota_Duce
I'll have to take a gander through the site at 800x600... I normally use 1024x768. It was my assumption that the HTML I used re-sized for any screen (uses percentages of window not pixels) but obviously I must be mistaken on some/all pages.

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
This is by far the best site that i have been at. I myself come here at least once a day! there's no need for any other. But i do have one suggestion dodgedakotas.com has a "How To" page set up that i found very interesting (shows how to paint your factory handles step by step) but it doen't get up dated. Just a thought (cause I really didn't know how to).:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Adam said:
This is by far the best site that i have been at. I myself come here at least once a day! there's no need for any other. But i do have one suggestion dodgedakotas.com has a "How To" page set up that i found very interesting (shows how to paint your factory handles step by step) but it doen't get up dated. Just a thought (cause I really didn't know how to).:confused:
This is something I've been thinking about adding... I've been collecting some various data for a howto section but just haven't had much time lately to implement it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm with rick on this one. It's not the site it's the people. There are so many sites out there to become members of. Not say'n there's are any better, but they have more participation among members. Maybe they have an older crowd:confused: Great site. Any changes you do make would just make it that much better.

·
The Anti-RUB
1,752 Posts
I like the ideas of the "How-To" section. That would be cool.

Also, bringing back/getting some group buys setup would be nice and would probably bring back some traffic...

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
Great Site

I personally have to say this site is great. On your homepage, you have more links and information for Dakota and Durango lovers than any other site I have seen. Your site is the main reason I found all of my parts. As for the sections on your home page, keep up the great work.

As for the traffic dropping off, sometimes stuff just becomes slow. Things at Dakota USA aren't booming either. I check both sites every single day. The only thing Dakotausa has that I like better are the indicators in the forums. The little ram heads, and the ram heads that rotate when something new is posted. Other than that, man you have a great site. You are a pretty wise person also, I find myself e mailing you quite a bit about different parts.

By the way, how is your transmission ?

Take it easy,

~CYCLONE_06

G

·
I belong to a couple other car forums, and this one by far is the best. I've found that being a girl I sometimes get treated differently when i ask a question than when a guy does. But everyone on here seems to willing to answer my questions and give advice.
I also think that a 'How To' page would be very beneficial.

-that's just my 2cents :kiss:

G

·
Kate, its because we are all a bunch of "gentlemen"! :D

By the way Steve great site. I'm still here. I'm just jealous I don't have an R/T and live in the land of Sin. :drool:

G

·
aww ya! guys that own trucks are gentleman...all those import sites i belong to consist of a bunch of cocky rich teens that think they can say anything to you cuz ur a girl.

G

·
Lol, that is so true, Kate. I've noticed that around here as well. The kids I like are the ones that mommy and daddy bought them the car and paid for everything and think that they can take "mild" Mustang. My girl just loves to embarass the hell out of them (she gets to drive it more than I do).

·
Registered
98 Posts
SinCity R/T said:
This is something I've been thinking about adding... I've been collecting some various data for a howto section but just haven't had much time lately to implement it.
Steve if you contact chuck robbins (intensedak) he still has the how to info he posted on his old site. I MISS CHUCKS SITE. If he didnt mind it would be an AWSOME how-to section

·
Registered
82 Posts
Great site! I actually just joined a few days ago when I had a question. I also posted the same question on several other sites, but hardly got a reply. This message board is wonderful got several very informative replys. How to sounds good. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts