Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 05 Quad cab and discovered the new trucks sit about 1.5" taller than my 03 Quad cab. The dealer stated all trucks now ride at the 4X4 ride height. I use a wheelchair and the new height makes for a spooky transfer up (gravity takes care of down)

I know it may be awhile for the after market boy to get around to the Dakotas but I need some advice on what to do. I left e-mails with all the suspension companies and hope to hear soon.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
12,185 Posts
Everything on the Profinish-Proglass truck was custom made or modified - the coils were cut and some leafs were removed, the rest was done via airbags.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I think the GenIV's sit lower than the GENIII's, you could cut the coil springs and use a universal block kit, but i would not do that on a new truck.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowerd

I lowered my new 05 2" in the back with new shakels

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just ordered the shackles.. I looked back there and it doesnt look to hard. Any tips before I attempt this. The last thing I dropped in my driveway was a S-10 and I put a 5/6 drop on that with blocks and new u bolts in the back and new spindles and springs in the front... Rating it from 1-10, 10 being the hardest what would you rate this....?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts