Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 v6 dakota, I currently have a 2" and 3" drop on it. Sets on 20's, I have toxic shocks, but have a little rubbing up front, I am looking at the edelbrock IAS shocks or the billstein shocks. Which should I go with?

Thanks Chris

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stiffer shocks

Are the billsteins gonna keep my tires from rubbing, is the question though.

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
chris010879 said:
I have a 00 v6 dakota, I currently have a 2" and 3" drop on it. Sets on 20's, I have toxic shocks, but have a little rubbing up front, I am looking at the edelbrock IAS shocks or the billstein shocks. Which should I go with?

Thanks Chris
Hi Chris,

What size tires are you running? How wide are your 20" rims?

Rubbing is typically more of a tire size issue than a rim size issue.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stiffer shock

I am running on A/R maxims, the rim size is 20x8.5 the tire is a goodyear 275/45/20. I do not want to give anymore tire wall away because streets that I live around. The billstein looks like the way to go.

Thanks chris

·
'10 Camaro RS/SS
3,894 Posts
chris010879 said:
I am running on A/R maxims, the rim size is 20x8.5 the tire is a goodyear 275/45/20. I do not want to give anymore tire wall away because streets that I live around. The billstein looks like the way to go.

Thanks chris
Shocks aren't going to help you. The 275/45/20 tire is almost 30" tall (29.7"). You will have rubbing issues with that size tire and a 2/3 drop regardless of shocks used.

I have a friend who was running 275/35/20 tires with a 2/3 drop and he wasn't rubbing at all. He has recently switched to a 275/40/20 tire and he rubs just a little bit on big bumps. You're still using a tire larger than this so get ready to roll the lip of your wheel wells to avoid rubbing.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stiffer shock

I did just get that rolling of the fender lip done on monday. I was just thinking that the shock would stiffen it up just that little bit extra. I don't know what do you think? I'll get some pics soon.

thanks chris

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
billsteins

how much can you get me two front bilsteins shocks for. My dakota is lowered so I need to the ones for a 2000 ext. cab v6 2wd lowered dakota. Shoot me a price my email is [email protected].

thanks chris

1 - 10 of 10 Posts