Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I think about this, the more it makes me wanna make some changes to my truck. I'm debating about swapping out my chrome SS grill for a silver set and than take my shaker intake and paint it silver to match. To top it off, a set of 20'' silver r/t rims. I was into chrome and it looked great on IB, but it's a little too much for my style now that I began to look at it. I'm just looking for some opinions. I'm 50/50 on it Here's the style I'm going for:

Here's my truck w/o the shaker hood on:

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
Me, I no likey chrome especially on a sport truck.

·
the blue blur...
2,436 Posts
I think your truck looks sexy that way it is
x2...btw, the first pic isnt your truck right? i see the "RT CHIC" tag in front is the reason i ask, lol.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope not mine. I'm still debating this. If i go with chrome i'll find a set of 20'' r/ts or go with Vipers. Same style as Jerry Rosane has:

·
I drive with two feet
1,616 Posts
x2 on the stay away from chrome...

·
My horns hold up my halo!
5,992 Posts
i say stick with it!! chrome on trucks looks great! (to an extent) the shaker hood will look go if its painted blue to mach. if your going to leave the R/T wheels on maybe drop it a little further.. but if not def. a nice set of 20's with low pro's

OR

of your set on getting away from chrome..... paint the shaker flat black as said above and have the Viper rims to match in a flat black powder coat...

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
just paint the shaker to match.... anything else might be overkill.

·
Premium Member
1,388 Posts
Nope not mine. I'm still debating this. If i go with chrome i'll find a set of 20'' r/ts or go with Vipers. Same style as Jerry Rosane has:
I don't know why but for some reason I think the Viper rims won't look as good on a regular cab. In my mind it just doesn't look right. :huh:

·
Ugliest Truck on here!!!
8,951 Posts
They would look good... but I also think 18's look better than 20's (or larger :funny:) rims.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After debating and going over tons of pictures on different sites, I'll stick to the chrome scheme. Do the shaker Intake blue to match since the trim, handles, and mirrors are painted to match. As for the rims, it all depends on funding. I could do a set of 20'' r/t rims by fall or wait a little longer and go with Vipers (which would be different since not too many people have those over the r/ts)

·
Insomniac
1,543 Posts
honestly dude, I think its great the way it is. I think 20' silver R/T's would be the only other thing I would even consider. Keep everything else the way it is, its perfect. I think putting chrome anywhere on that truck would be a mistake... but hey its your truck. Its too bad I never really got to join your guys' club. I lost my job around the time I was going to start comming to your events and stuff. I have a job now, so maybe come spring I can get involved with the club. I'd like to see your truck in person.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sure thing. We all still plan to meet up and travel to shows this year. I'll be up in Norwalk to watch Pinks in Aug but probably won't drive the truck there. I still need to talk to the plasma place about the metal "Dakota R/T" Badges for my doors and tailgate badge. I think that will help set it off a little more as well.

·
I drive with two feet
1,616 Posts
They would look good... but I also think 18's look better than 20's (or larger :funny:) rims.
I agree. 18s look way better on our trucks than 20s (or God forbid, larger). Just my $.02 :wave:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts