Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im building a 349 stroker. 318 block, 3.58 crank. anyone have any comments on what cam may be the best choice? something thats pulls nice from idle to about 5800 rpm. not too lopey... not too high on lift. im getting the heads shaved a little on the compresion side. going to get the block bored .030 over, decked just enough to get it sqared off and true....

id like to get about 330-360hp out of this thing. i have the m1, flowtech headers (shorties), high performance computer....(still looking for a harness...yeah i know about modding mine up...dont know if i wanna do that yet...

thanks
jim

·
Your hero
561 Posts
Hows the whole 3.58 crank thing work? Is it a special crank for the 318? Because thats the same stroke as a stock 360 and I know they are not interchangeable. For the cam I would go to krc and see what they could do for ya.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dont know, its my understanding it will work. i havent called up speedomotive yet...but hell, if i have to go with a 4" stroke...then i say bring it! lol

·
Your hero
561 Posts
Yea, if you're talking a stock 360 crank the main bearings are bigger then the 318's so it wont work unless its it's a 318 crank stroked out to the 3.58 size. I know for a fact that there is a 4" crank for the 318 but dont know if they make a 3.58 that will work with it.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think im going to go with the 210x cam from krc. already bought my springs, valve seal, and locks from mancini racing. cant wait to get all these parts accumulated. :woowoo:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts