Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is the problem and the hold up, i went there today and talk for close to an hour and now i need your help guys... this is the problem and short of the suggestion of a new computer which they dont want to do either since mine does have some flash (ill explain if this will help)... Ok the transmission is not building governor pressure, the transmission is now mine rebuilt and has the martin saine torque converter because the guy before me abused it, but anyway the govornor pressure is not building up high enough to allow it to shift correctly it has all new and upgraded internals inside the transmission, the guy acctually built a second transmission which he had to build anyway and tried it in my truck and it did the same thing, now the weird part is it isnt throwing any codes

now time for the questions
a) anyone know right away what the problem is?
b) anyone have a complete wiring diagram for the computer?
c) anyone know how to reset the computer because they cant find this information either and asked if i could help them search

1999 dakota r/t club cab (im posting this on serval forums i need this info as fast as possible)

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
C) to reset the computer you unplug your battery and unplug the 3 plugs that go into your comp. wait for a couple of mins and plug it all back up

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the complete reset process... cool these guys deal with every brand to much stuff to remember.... the other questions answered would still help too if anyone knows

·
One of the Elite
1,736 Posts
This guy can help

E mail Brett Kelley. He can help you. [email protected]

If he cant, e mail John Mercedes at [email protected] he knows it all, just make sure you explain your situation to him completely.

~CYCLONE_06

·
Registered
154 Posts
there are solenoind in the trans that seem to be a weak link in these trans. dont recall the names of the solenoids but there are 2. you can also check Dan Arcand (www.thefastman.com )on that one. he recommends getting new solenoid when you change out the valvebody. actually Dan is the one who told me the solenoids seem to be the weak link.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts