Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Work Truck
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the easiest way to lift my 2wd 1998 dakota 2". I don't want a body lift they look like shit and I am on a really tight budget. However I hate the fact that my truck rides so damn low. No offense to you sport truck guys but I think a truck should have some decent ground clearance.

Thanks for the Input

·
Banned
6,056 Posts
If you're on a really tight budget and think bodylifts look like shit, you're screwed. Since you're looking for ground clearance, a bodylift wouldn't do anything for you anyway. Fabtech makes something right for you, if you had a bigger budget...

·
Work Truck
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All right. Give me some feedback. I think I've figured out a good way to get that 2" of lift affordably! I'll get the 2" basic system from fabtech. Thats two new coil springs to lift the front 2" and level the truck out plus four shocks. That runs $287.99 at 4wheelonline. Then seeing as how there isn't a huge difference in ground clearance between the front and back on 2wd daks I'll intall add a leafs in the back to achieve approximately 1.5" of lift in the back. They run about $64 for a pair. I'm no expert on this stuff and I only became an owner of a dakota a couple of months ago so if you guys can tell me what you think about my plan to get my much desired 2" of lift that would be awsome.

Thank You.

·
Registered
133 Posts
yea man just go w/ the fabtech 2" basic system it'll be perfect for your situation, currently im runnin the fabtech 3" performance system and a 3" body lift and i have no complaints

·
Work Truck
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How Hard?

How hard would it be for me and a couple of friends to intall the suspension system I mentioned above? What will I need, how much time? Would it be better just to have it installed by a mechanic?

·
Work Truck
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry man

Sorry bro. Kind of ran out of money before I got the chance to lift my truck. Right now its sittin in a university parking lot completely stock. I know Rumblefish was gonna do a similar lift to his truck in joint with a 3 inch body lift. Otherwise I'd say just do your research before you make a decision. I've found a lot of stuff out there to lift a 2wd dak. Much more than mentioned in this forum. Right now I'm thinking about selling mine, (if anyone in the R.I., Ct., Mass. area is interested that would be awesome.) Otherwise I'll try to follow through with the lift this summer. If you do a lift, best of luck and post some pics.

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,095 Posts
YellowKota2k said:
If you're on a really tight budget and think bodylifts look like shit, you're screwed. Since you're looking for ground clearance, a bodylift wouldn't do anything for you anyway. Fabtech makes something right for you, if you had a bigger budget...
Wow - our trucks look like shit...wish I could be cool and own a stock height parking lot sitter...

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
lilguido1 said:
You voice your opinion, I voice mine - simple as that.

You want to get into name calling jackass, I'll not lower myself to your age group...

So calling him a jack ass isnt calling anyone names?
Either way he didnt SAY our trucks look liek shit he SAID the Body lifts look like shit
Rob

·
"Fuchengruhvin"
1,095 Posts
Yo - it's an oxy moron...get it

No, he said body lifts look like shit - well, quite a few of us have body lifts (simply because until last year they did not make a SLK for 2k & up) and I found it offensive - end of story.

I would never say blah, blah looks like shit for fear of offending others that only have/had that option - comprende?

·
Work Truck
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was simply saying that I'd prefer a suspension lift to a body lift as I only desire to achieve a small amount of lift. Body Lifts definitely have their advantages and if done up right can give some pretty kick ass appearance characteristics. Sorry if my unthoughtful comment offended anyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.