Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My parents bought a nice 98 Rango. Replaced damn near everything on it that needed replaced to make it run strong and healthy. Well now it needs new headers being the current ones are toast and are leaking exhaust fumes into the truck. Muffler shop wants $900.00 plus labor to put on new headers. Anyone have a cheaper way of solving this issue. The Y pipe is custom bent and fabbed since the truck is slammed so we have to go with headers rather than selling the truck due to this massive investment. They are just tired of dumping cash into it to only find another problem. Thanks for any advise guys,

Jesse

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,227 Posts
Replace the headers with cast manifolds and rework the y-pipe to fit. Look for the 92-93's at the salvage yards.
Supply your own headers http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/65643/10002/-1 $335 and have them rework the y-pipe to fit.
$900 + labor is high. I had a shop price making a new y when I considered the 92-93 manifolds and was told $250 made out of mandrel bent sections.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
when you add in the cost of labor/parts,this is a $700-$1100 job depending on the cost of the headers.i would try to find someone to do this job on the side at half that price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts