Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is long..

Ok about 6 weeks ago I took delivery of my 05. The deal was written up with two things on the dealer we owe list. The first thing was the massive shaking when you stepped on the brakes. Rotors where ordered 5 weeks ago, still no word and the shaking is still there. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Second thing was scratches on the front bumper, I wanted them "fixed". Well the salesman took it back to the detail guys and about an hour later brought it back up and said there we fixed the scratches,as nieve as I am I said ok without inspecting it. Come to find out when I got home and washed the truck, all they did is rub some damn armor all on the scratches to make then temporarley dissapear, I dont know if I should take that as a personal attack on my intelligence or not. Now I called the dealer back and spoke to the salesperson again, and I said you guys stated you would FIX the scratches not cover them up. The salesman states, well theres nothing we can really do about it....

I say its a brand new truck, I took delivery with 90 miles on it, the scratches where put on by someone there. Needless to say I feel like Im stuck between a rock and a hard place. I dont mean to sound like a little bitch but this is getting stupid.

Im not sure what to do anymore. Between the shuttering and the scratches I have to look at it, Im not real happy. What should I do. Go up higher to get the stuff fixed?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am not sure if I can help you or not but forget about the salesman. Go straight to the manger and see how he handles it. Try to do it in person. I usually try to go in very calm and polite and it usually works. Be persistent and keep on them about the rotors. Keep track of all your coorespondence and names. I know it is hard to not fly off the handle when trying to deal with the salesmen and service managers. Keep us posted

·
I like trucks
3,171 Posts
I worked at a dealership, and I know all their tricks and bs they pull on people, its sick and they all do it. Take this to his manager, and have that salesmen hung up by his balls, if that dousnt work take it the the president of the dealership. You cant let the jack ass salesman and the little punk detailers get away with this. (I was in detail, you wouldnt believe what theyd do to cover something up....) Good luck

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the feedback guys. Im going up there Wednesday crawl into their ass in a polite way... I'll let you know how it goes...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vibration

Well Ive had problems with mine vibrating and the dealer replaced the front rotors and yesterday turned the rear drums to stop my vibration. now on the bumber you said it right crawl right up there ass and dont stop until they fix it. call everday till they do Ive done that before so they would rather fix it than put up with my bullshit.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm.. interesting

Interesting, I also have a 05 4x4 SLT, and am having the same problem with vibration when braking, but its intermittent. I can't get it to happen all the time, only on occasion. It seems to be when I have some extra weight in the truck that it happens.

I had my truck into the dealer, they took it for a test ride and couldn't get it to happen. They removed the tires and gave it a visual check, but said everything looked fine.

Were you getting the shaking all the time, or just on occasion?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When i was doing about 80 or so and i would go to slow down it would start vibrating and as the brakes got hotter the worst it would get

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The funny thing at first it only happened when I slowed down from about 60 or so now it happens all the time.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I'd definately get them to fix your shaking problem..............as for the scratches, how bad are they? Do they bother you that much? I see you didn't get the Sport package, so your bumper is plastic....they can't sand em down or anything, only get you a new one, which I highly doubt they'll do.

My opinion I'd forget about it for the time being and save up some money so you can get it painted to match the truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts