Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my Durango R/T dynoed and she came in at 351 RWH and 425 TQ. Now its an R/T so i had AWD but i did a TC swap and now have the option of 2WD. Race weight is 5500 with me in it what should my times be?

Bob

·
Registered
155 Posts
GREAT DYNO

That is a great dyno on your Durango RT.

What do you got under the hood.

I pull mid 15's with the work if done to my Durango.

T

·
0 Posts
My guess would be low 15 maybe even high 14. But that's just a guess. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: GREAT DYNO

Sorry guys, i forgot to post that im far from stock, here is what i have under the hood........

2K 6.7 R/T : (FASTMAN 408) K&N Generation II Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition W/Filter, MSD Coil, Accel 9MM wires, Autolite 3923 Plugs,180 Stat, GS MotorSports True Duel W/ R/T BIG TUBE HEADERS, 3:92 Gears, 1.6 Roller Rockers, M-1 2bb Intake, SVT Cobra 24 lb. Fuel Injectors, Leach Custom Flashed PCM, Martin Saines High Performance Transmission,
125-150 shot N20...... - HP#'s, 330hp and 400tq TO ALL 4 WHEELS) (351HP and 402 TQ In 2WD)

All tuned with the perfect power module.......

Bob

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year i ran a 14.6 and that was before my GSMotorsports big tube headers and true duels, i gainded 33 AWD HP and 52 FT/LB TQ just by the headers and exhaust on my 408, here is a list of what i have done.....

2K 6.7 R/T : (FASTMAN 408) K&N Generation II Cold Air Intake, MSD Ignition W/Filter, MSD Coil, Accel 9MM wires, Autolite 3923 Plugs,180 Stat, GS MotorSports True Duel W/ R/T BIG TUBE HEADERS, 3:92 Gears, 1.6 Roller Rockers, M-1 2bb Intake, SVT Cobra 24 lb. Fuel Injectors, Leach Custom Flashed PCM, Martin Saines High Performance Transmission,
125-150 shot N20...... - HP#'s, 330hp and 400tq TO ALL 4 WHEELS) (351HP and 402 TQ In 2WD)

All tune on the dyno with the perfect power module.....

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bob,

I am curious about your “race weight” of 5500lbs. Everywhere I look, they claim that R/T was around 4950lbs. Add 200lbs for an average guy, another 50-80lbs in gas and you are still well short of 5500lbs. Did you add something extra?

As for ET times… I am not a huge fan of bench racing. They only way to know what you will run is to take it to the track. But if you want a “rough idea”, you can use this simple formula:

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

Taking your numbers, you should run: [email protected] .

That isn’t that far off your current best, suggesting that your might be a bit lighter than 5500lbs. Also, due to a very good traction, AWD cars tend to run slightly faster than what this formula estimates.

Speaking of traction, what were your 60’ times and was this in AWD or RWD modes?

Leon
RR

P.S. do you ever go to NED?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That weight was on a local scale here in town, My "D" weigh in at exactly 5300 on a big rig scale then me in it (200 lbs) My 60 ft at the track was a 2.1 and i ran a 14.6 @ 92mph. As far as the extra weight, my Durango is LOADED, rear air, 3rd row seat , full spare, and so on.......

Thanks for the input, i hope to be at thhe track soon this spring and will post the results.....

Thanks again Bob

grndsm said:
Bob,

I am curious about your “race weight” of 5500lbs. Everywhere I look, they claim that R/T was around 4950lbs. Add 200lbs for an average guy, another 50-80lbs in gas and you are still well short of 5500lbs. Did you add something extra?

As for ET times… I am not a huge fan of bench racing. They only way to know what you will run is to take it to the track. But if you want a “rough idea”, you can use this simple formula:

http://www.dsm.org/tools/calchp.htm

Taking your numbers, you should run: [email protected] .

That isn’t that far off your current best, suggesting that your might be a bit lighter than 5500lbs. Also, due to a very good traction, AWD cars tend to run slightly faster than what this formula estimates.

Speaking of traction, what were your 60’ times and was this in AWD or RWD modes?

Leon
RR

P.S. do you ever go to NED?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts