Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1700 + 1/4 mile passes
27,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anybody have an idea how I can get more power out of my 4.7L Dakota. I can't do any major mod's to my truck because it is still under warrenty. The modifications that I have are custon air intake, JET performance chip, Gibson muffler, Venom 400 control module, Nitto 555 drag radials for the track. My truck will only run in the mid 15's in the quater mile. Any sugestions? :help:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just a little info...I was in the mid 15's when I had my Jet Chip installed. I took it out and ran a best of 15.063 and a 15.316 on the same night. Who knows, may be different for the 03's and up, but it sucks on mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
How do you like that gibson exhaust? I've had flowmasters in the past but couldn't take that droning in the cab. Kinda leaning towards the gibson.

·
Blown and Squirted
3,407 Posts
I would not recommend any of the JET "Chips." I had one on my 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9l Limited and it made the truck ping like mad and didnt add much power, the mopar pcm on the other hand is a great computer, I can defintiely feel gains all over the power band and opens up the window for further engine modifications, the jet chip does not. You are better off with a pcm flash or new pcm.

BTW You could always try nitrous. Its really affordable for the gains. And your dealer never has to know, Haha. Just put the nitrous jet in the cold air and take off the cold air and the bottle before you get it serviced. Hide the solenoids real well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts