Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Club Dakota
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 dakota with a few mods done to it and now I am getting tired of just skuffing the tires. I want to be able to light them any time anywhere. It just still feels a bit slugish.

4.7 V8
extended cab
short box
4x4
automatic

Mods
K & N gen II cold air intake with airbox
Flowmaster 40 series dual exaust (streight out the back)
Huge sound system ( I know that weight didn't help, but it wins comps)
2nd alternator for system
Blue LED's all over inside and out
other minor stuff to, but nothing important just for show

Anyone have any ideas?? I was thinking Chip, supercharge, or turbo but i don't know what one will work the best.

·
I like trucks
510 Posts
dbontempo said:
I have a 2004 dakota with a few mods done to it and now I am getting tired of just skuffing the tires. I want to be able to light them any time anywhere. It just still feels a bit slugish.

4.7 V8
extended cab
short box
4x4
automatic

Mods
K & N gen II cold air intake with airbox
Flowmaster 40 series dual exaust (streight out the back)
Huge sound system ( I know that weight didn't help, but it wins comps)
2nd alternator for system
Blue LED's all over inside and out
other minor stuff to, but nothing important just for show

Anyone have any ideas?? I was thinking Chip, supercharge, or turbo but i don't know what one will work the best.
F&B 70mm TB

Tru duals

Headers

KRC cams

PCM flash or superchips...flash will be a better tune tho

Get rid of your clutch fan

You already have the HO intake

You could go the blown route...but it will all work together much better if you get some of the basic bolt ons done first.

Thats all I can think of...for the cams check KRC's site and see which set is best for you. You could also look into a shift kit for your auto and get those shifts firmed up. Some 4.7 guys should chime in here and tell ya what to do first. Hope that helps tho :biggthump

·
Chest Thumper
770 Posts
if ya wana just "light em up" throw a set of 4.56's i nthe back and go to town. seriously tho u should look into gears 4.10's at the minimum, superchips and a tb of ur choice

·
Club Dakota
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
off the line no just churp. break stand is no prob. my tires are a little wider, but didn't think it made that much difference. could it be anything to do with the fact i have a very large surp belt to run my 2nd alternator. should i just give it it's own belt and use stock surp belt again????

·
Mike
839 Posts
I really didn't notice much with the removed clutch fan...you could tell the engine freed up alittle but no real noticable power gains that i could tell anways...just is a lot quieter now.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
dbontempo said:
cool i'll have to look into that. everything still runs cool your not over heating anything by removing it
Newer trucks (01+?) have a small electric fan installed along with the mechanical clutch fan. People who live in really mild climates claim that the stock e-fan is enough to keep their trucks cool, but IMHO if you're going to dump the clutch fan jump in with the Dodge Viper e-fan kit (whether you make one yourself or buy all the parts from www.socaldakota.com is up to you), it really blasts a lot of air to keep your truck cool.

·
Mike
839 Posts
Only time mine heats up is if it sits in a parking lot for 20mins just ideling...but then the electrica fan kicks on and it just go right back down.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Kooopsd said:
Only time mine heats up is if it sits in a parking lot for 20mins just ideling...but then the electrica fan kicks on and it just go right back down.

What he said....but I am a paranoid bastard who likes to run my truck down the 1/4 mile...so I put the Viper fan on so I can keep it really cool before a run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.