Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to put the M-1 under my Kenne Bell. A friend of mine works at a Dodge dealer and they have a Mopar warehouse nearby, so he can get if for me at cost +10. I need the part number for the manifold, the install kit, and the turtle.
If anyone here can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
Chuck said:
I decided to put the M-1 under my Kenne Bell. A friend of mine works at a Dodge dealer and they have a Mopar warehouse nearby, so he can get if for me at cost +10. I need the part number for the manifold, the install kit, and the turtle.
If anyone here can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.
if ya can getthe M-1 at cost and +10 good deal.

install kit can be had from www.socaldakota.com Sam P`s site (not really needed, us can use aluminum tubing cut to length for the spacers)

as for a turtle, hit up Sam P for that as well, kinda hardto find nowadays as they arent really bein made anymore...

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MoPaR DaK said:
P5007398 2-Bbl. MPI. That the only one listed as MPI in my mopar street truck book, theres alot of other part numbers though. Might not be exactly what you're looking for.
I was told by someone who's already done the conversion that I should be looking for an M-1 without the EGR. Realizing that I had that same catalog available to me online, I found that the number you offered is EGR. The non-EGR is P5007852, and requires the P5007368 install kit.

Do these numbers sound right?

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
mopar rt said:
You can use either one but the EGR intake usally costs more. The EGR port makes for a great nitrous injection point.
havent heard of the EGR`s costing more, but the install kit *should* come with it (maybe why... depends on who ya buy it from). the EGR`s are easier to come across as the non EGR`s are more sought after, maily because of how it looks.

BTW, havent heard of anyone using the EGR port as a spray entry point. most put the "Turtle" in that hole.

· Premium Member
1,087 Posts
You will have to buy the install kit separate. Although most people who sell M1s include it with the price, it doesnt not come with one from the factory. The best price i've seen is still around $400, give or take a few, for the M1 & install kit with gaskets. Give John Mercedes a holla, he'll hook you up, unless you want to get some type of coating, then talk to Sam P at socaldakota.com

· Premium Member
5,240 Posts
5.9L Magnum motors can use either M1 manifold.

The EGR manifold has extra passages for emissions use which aren't required for Gen III Dakotas/Gen I Durangos but it doesn't hurt to have them there - the M1 install kit includes a block-off plate. The exterior and interior surfaces of the manifold are a bit rough and you usually want to de-bur the inner side of the vacuum ports inside the manifold before installation.

The Non-EGR manifold looks a bit smoother on the outside because the EGR passages are missing, but they were at the back of the manifold where most people didn't notice them unless closely examining your engine anyways. More people are ordering this manifold because they look cleaner (and are probably confused about the EGR ports) so they're frequently on back order.

If you have an EGR manifold it is easier to install an M1 turtle (a small aluminum pyramid designed to slightly reduce plenum volume for improved low-end torque and also prevent fuel puddling for those who use nitrous) because it bolts into the otherwise unused EGR port at the bottom of the manifold. In order to install a turtle in a non-EGR manifold you have to drill your own hole at the bottom of the plenum chamber.

· Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats the info I was looking for. Thanks a bunch.

BTW: where do I get the turtle?

· Home Owner....
1,722 Posts
Chuck said:
BTW: where do I get the turtle?

good luck on that one. Sam P at socaldakota.com will be your best bet or search the Dakota R/T forums on Delphi.

not really being made anymore and the small runs that are done up go rather quickly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.