25,820 Posts
Can't recalled ditch them so long ago.
How to measure:

Just add length for what you need.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A is really the only one that is throwing me off.

On the base plate it measures at 3.5 and then the old U-bolt its a little wider.

Otherwise its 1/2" x 3.x X 8"

·
Registered
18,117 Posts
A is really the only one that is throwing me off.

On the base plate it measures at 3.5 and then the old U-bolt its a little wider.

Otherwise its 1/2" x 3.x X 8"
Is 8" the factory length, or is that longer?

I'd say 3.5" is the proper size for A. It's going to be a tight squeeze but even the factory u-bolts aren't painless to install. Takes some effort to get the ends of the u-bolt to squeeze into the base plate.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is 8" the factory length, or is that longer?
factory is about 7 or 7.5 Don't need that much more. Its 7 if you measure from the inside and 7.5 if you measure from the outside if the top of the U.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I believe the factory 9 1/2 axle is 3 5/8 3.625 From posts I have seen, big rig truck shops make U bolts all the time. If you can find one, they should be able to measure what you need.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe the factory 9 1/2 axle is 3 5/8 3.625 From posts I have seen, big rig truck shops make U bolts all the time. If you can find one, they should be able to measure what you need.
Well I ordered the 3.5 for now to see if they work. hope it does. If not I will special order them online.

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.5 is wrong! u need 3 5/8" for ur r/t axle!
Well where were you about 12 hours ago? Oh well I guess I need to custom order these things. Damn it.

·
Sean Muthafuckin' Smith
1,987 Posts
um, out and about and not on my computer lol, sorry bro! how long do u need? i just got my u-bolts today, which will be mated with 2.5" blocks. my ubolts, according to rebels diagram, are about 9-10" long with about 4" of thread. ordered them from stylintrucks.com

·
10 Second Club
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
um, out and about and not on my computer lol, sorry bro! how long do u need? i just got my u-bolts today, which will be mated with 2.5" blocks. my ubolts, according to rebels diagram, are about 9-10" long with about 4" of thread. ordered them from stylintrucks.com
Cool, on the phone now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts