Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats a good rule of thumb to go by for this? i plan on getting the r/t+10 cam, and using the 1.7 harland sharp roller rockers. the mopar springs i have right now, are stated for a max lift of .525. the cam with those rockers will net me a .512 lift. will i run into coil bind with this setup?

thanks
jim

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
hmm.... good question. id get some springs that will go to .600 just for good measure. if the heads are still off, take them to a machine shop, with springs and the cam card(or specs) and see if there will be any probs. might have to have some minor cutting if there is a step in the spring area.

good idea to get the HS`s in the adjustables and get a adjustable push rod to ensure you get the right lenght.

i do have one question? why the R/T+10 cam. is this for a LA motor or ya buiding a Mag motor? might wanna give Sam P a buzz for one of his Crower grinds. jsut a idea.

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its for the la motor?? didnt say that on the mancicni website. seems to me everyone and there mother is having dificulties when they go outside the norm for these magnum cams. they have loads of problems and need to get other electronic devises just to get the truck to run right. dont get it. thats why im sticking with the factory upgrade units. or am i missing something here.

springs are already bought. the harland sharps are going to be the non adjustable type. dont need them to be adjustable as far as i know, its a hydralic system, all slack gets taken up at the lifter once zero lash is determined. i will peobably need to get the .050 longer pushrods. need to get the proper pushrod guideplates too.

thanks in advance,
jim

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mopar rt said:
I thought that that cam needed to use the 1.6:1 rollers? Depending on the miles you may need new lifters. The roller on the hyd. roller lifters in the mag engine wear to the cam.
rebuilding the block. already got the new lifters. :biggthump

found out the springs i have are good for this cam, although not sure if they are just talking about the 1.6 rollers on iut or what have you. guess ill call up mancicni and see what they say

thanks
jim

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
I got a little something something for ya...

Will you run into coil bind? Well...with my other cam (my first one), had pretty much the same set up on that one that you're going with. Use to wind it out pretty high, I'd take it up to 5250 no problem, no questions asked, this is what happened...

www.cardomain.com/id/na360rt

go to that website, scroll to the bottom and look at camshaft basics 101. That'll help you out :biggthump

CJ

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks fellas, i apprieciate it. mancini emailed me back telling me as long as i have an installed hight of 1.64" im good...woohoo.

jim

·
G.F.Y racing president
9,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
na360rt said:
Will you run into coil bind? Well...with my other cam (my first one), had pretty much the same set up on that one that you're going with. Use to wind it out pretty high, I'd take it up to 5250 no problem, no questions asked, this is what happened...

www.cardomain.com/id/na360rt

go to that website, scroll to the bottom and look at camshaft basics 101. That'll help you out :biggthump

CJ
could it have been your .080 pushrods that did it? just asking. i read that page you put up there. most places sell the .050 longer hardened pushrods. maybe this it what pushed those springs over the edge? :sorry:

·
I'm Retired!
817 Posts
i wish I could've said that was the problem, but they were .05 at the time. I should've bought the better valvesprings, but at the time I was on a tight budget. So had to cut the corner somewhere. They lasted a good 12,000 miles before that happened though...so it was unforunate. Oh well, best of luck with that beast you're building, keep us updated.

CJ

·
Home Owner....
2,565 Posts
realdeal7369 said:
its for the la motor?? didnt say that on the mancicni website. seems to me everyone and there mother is having dificulties when they go outside the norm for these magnum cams. they have loads of problems and need to get other electronic devises just to get the truck to run right. dont get it. thats why im sticking with the factory upgrade units. or am i missing something here.
good luck with that. if if your building a magnum motor and staying injected, that cam might be a little to lumpy for the ECM and a lack of vacuum at idle and will throw codes. may/will have to flash the ECM(Mike Leach or B&G) to compensate for that or run a aux vac pump/vac resevoir(sp?)

if its carbed..... have FUN with it!!!

·
Chest Thumper
978 Posts
razman131 said:
good luck with that. if if your building a magnum motor and staying injected, that cam might be a little to lumpy for the ECM and a lack of vacuum at idle and will throw codes. may/will have to flash the ECM(Mike Leach or B&G) to compensate for that or run a aux vac pump/vac resevoir(sp?)

if its carbed..... have FUN with it!!!
i doubt that would happen that cam is not very large.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.