Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some one drove my Truck, long story short It overheated on him. Water is leaking from the Water Pump Gasket between the water pump and the Block. Is that a bad Gasket/Water pump/ Timing Cover? Ive heard all three so far but I doubt its the water pump becausse it almost always leaks from the front of the fan. So I think its the Timing Cover......HELP!!!!!!

·
Stickhandler
60 Posts
The water pump attaches to the timing chain cover the coolant flows through the cover into the block. I'd get it all cleaned up and check to make sure you've got the right location (block to cover or pump to cover) iether way it shouldn't be too dificult to do with hand tools and a bay for a day. If it's just the pump, do yourself a favor and take the arch that mounts all the acc's right off the engine, and lift it up a bit, this will make getting the short bypass hose under it a lot easier to get off.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
9,131 Posts
your in for a good days work! I had to change my water pump out about a yr cause it went bad. And do what Middy said go ahead and take off the ac and alternator it will make geting to everything easier. Also pick up some atifreeze to put back in.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the help guys, New pump and Thermostat installed! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts