Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the site and truck repairs but here goes. Burned out the blower motor resistor and connector on my 2002 dakota and all is replaced ok. Went to reinstall and only found 1 screw as I spilled coffee in the drink holder at 5 AM and while cleaning with napkins in the dark picked up and through out the screw. Screwed myself again! Cant find an exact match and 2 dealers have no listing for it. Any ideas where to find one? Thanks

·
Home School Valedictorian
4,225 Posts
Is it something that may be found at a well stocked hardware store...if not you might have to hit up a pick-a-part salvage yard to find one.

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,483 Posts
I forgot the size - I took the one I had off, walked into a Home Depot, matched it with two new ones, and put them on before I left the parking lot on my stepson's 1988.

RwP

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hex screw

Thanks, but this screw is the stragest screw I have ever seen and since its going into plastic I was afraid to put in something different and have the plastic split. The diameter of the screw tread is 2 different sizes and alternate all the way down to the tip. No place I tried has seen anything like it much less has it including 3 dealers. Finally at my third dealer, he went and got a new resistor and removed a screw from the packaging and it looked nothing like what I had. Just a normal common screw and he gave it to me and said no one ever uses these screws, they just put the old ones back in so have a nice day. Very nice but the diameter appears wider. ????

·
Registered
1988 Dodge Dakota LWB RC 3.9V6 3 speed auto
1,483 Posts
Yah, some plastic self-tapping screws were made that way. A regular screw works fine.

And into plastic, the next larger size would work also, as long as you drove it in easily.

Glad to hear you got it resolved!

RwP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts