Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some inputs from some of you. I've got a 99 Dakota R/T. I already have a Powerdyne supercharger on, Hypertech Programmer, Gibson Headers, and super 40 series flowmaster with 3inch duel exhaust. But now I need to know the best heads and cam to put with that. I'm looking for the most HP i can get. If anyone knows and has any other ideas to gain let me know. I'm trying to get it ready to race the 1/8th mile so any ideas would be great.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
building a blower motor is a totally different animal.Heads need all the port work they can handle.combustion chambers need to be enlarged to lower compression ratios,cams need to be blower specific.a speed shop with blower motor knowledge(and mopar) should set you straight.try hughes engines or KRC.

· Registered
462 Posts
KRC sells some good heads designed for blowers and they also sell the cams. If you have not done so now is a good time to take a look at the lower end of that engine. Crank, rods and bearings along with a set of good pistons designed for a blower.

With all of that added HP the stock set up will not last too long and sooner or latter something will break.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the R/T heads the best ones to go with in this situation??? i'm not really worried about anything letting go it can all be replaced. xrt id have to say your truck and mine look ALOT alike lol. maybe the only thing different is the hood cause i cant see yours on your picture. id put one up but i cant figure out how to get it on here.

· Registered
1,305 Posts
you say your going to run 1/8 mile.if money is tight,then just change your rear gear to some thing in the mid to high 4's.i.e. 4.56-4.88 p.s. your stock heads with moderate headwork IMO should be more than adequete and a new camshaft for a boost motor a priority

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where to did you find the heads for 1999? i found em for 2500$. yeah id say im gonna have to change the gears cause mine arent for the 1/8th at all more like the 1/4 mile. should be fun smokin the lightnings this summer :)

· Premium Member
1,841 Posts
Alley said:
where to did you find the heads for 1999? i found em for 2500$. yeah id say im gonna have to change the gears cause mine arent for the 1/8th at all more like the 1/4 mile. should be fun smokin the lightnings this summer :)

I emailed John M and got the price a few months back. Heres the price for everything else you'll need to have done too.

http://www.southeastrt.com/moparporting.htm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.