Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Below is a picture that JWDomino posted of how his exhaust is going to be run. My exhaust is going to be similar exhaust I want to have it exiting the rear.

The problem I am having is finding the piping that runs from the collectors to the x-pipe. I don't need anything behind the x-pipe because I already have that done since it is simple. But does anybody know where I can get the piping from the collectors to the X-pipe without the cats? I cannot take it to a muffler shop because there is no engine in the truck, I am currently rebuilding it. The truck has been lowered with a 3/5 drop if that makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have used cheap copper pipe in the past and bent it to the shape. The muffler shop was able to use it as a template. You need to make sure that you take into consideration the differences between the two diameters.

Not knowing the year of your truck but the duels may reek havoc with your PCM. KRC has a fix for this if it becomes a problem. Watch for clearance at the leaf springs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered just the down pipes from the headers to the X-pipe from Scott at GS Motorsports. As for the pipes from the mufflers back, I had them bent at a local shop the first time I had the engine in to go over the rear end and have plenty of room so they didn't anything. Was just tough finding the down pipes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts