Dakota Durango Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help: Ok, i have a completly stock 2000 Rt cc. I do have flo pro exhaust. But i know someone who has a Fastman tb for sell. $200 and he will pay the shiping. Would this be a good mod to start out on? Would i need to do any mods to ingnition to compensate for the extra fuel being burned? It i bored at 52mm. Please tell me anything you can tell me that would help. Tell me how this much this might help my truck? Will this hurt gas milage?

Please help, if i buy i need to buy soon.

Thanx
Jake

·
It's not my fault!
299 Posts
Jake's Rt said:
:help: Ok, i have a completly stock 2000 Rt cc. I do have flo pro exhaust. But i know someone who has a Fastman tb for sell. $200 and he will pay the shiping. Would this be a good mod to start out on? Would i need to do any mods to ingnition to compensate for the extra fuel being burned? It i bored at 52mm. Please tell me anything you can tell me that would help. Tell me how this much this might help my truck? Will this hurt gas milage?

Please help, if i buy i need to buy soon.

Thanx
Jake
A 52mm Fastman would be a good purchase. You can get them new from Dan for $220-230 shipped. He has special pricing over at dodgetalk.com. A 52mm is one of the remaining things I need to get for mine. I hand ported a stocker to 50mm, made a difference for me. Better with a good filter and MP PCM though.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Just one question. What makes you think that you will be burning "extra fuel?"

·
Registered
462 Posts
The ignition system is always a great place to make modifications. The MSD 6al along with Taylor 8.2mm wires is a good start. Of course new plugs along with a cap and rotor upgrade help too. If you have not done so already you should install the 180 stat.

The larger TB will not burn more fuel but it will lean out the mixture some, not much but some. You will however not see the full benefit from the larger TB unless you open up the air intake. Now your fuel mileage will decrease but only because you will be pushing the throttle hard to feel that new found power.

Latter you could flash the PCM or purchase one of those programmers to fine tune the system so that you will see the full benefit of the mods.

·
I'm Retired!
483 Posts
Well what no one has mentioned...and I'm surprised -- an M1 intake Manifold. That 52mm is gonna help you flow really strong up in the top end. Although you don't NEED the M1 to feel the complete gain of a 52mm throttle body, it will definitely compliment the overall performance and your top end.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about gas mileage. I've got like every single bolt on imaginable, including a bigger cam and internals, and I still get 12 -13 mpg, depending on how much highway driving I do. The only way you'll "use more fuel" on these truck is by ramping up your injectors to larger PSI, or getting forced induction. Pretty much anything else you do is just going to cause the mixture to lean out. Obviously don't take that to a literal sense, but as far as bolt ons are concerned, I wouldn't worry about what its gonna do to your gas mileage, if anything, it might improve it. At the stage in the game you're at (basically stock) you won't lose much gas mileage until you really stock packing on the mods. ENJOY!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanx

As of mods, i have a list made out right now. I was going a wait a little longer and buy them all at once but sense this seems to be a good deal i think i will buy this first. I will be getting M1 intake, pph headers, cutting off cat and putting o2 sim(I will pro do this before i put on the tb) and pro 1.77rr. Maybe some minor mods, but that will pro bet it for a while, i have to start college. LOL. On the cold air intake i was going to try and wait till i can get the Shaker Hood, but i think i might go ahead and buy one and sell it when i can get the hood. Thanxs for your guys help. If there is anything you can still tell me i will listen.

Thanx
Jake

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.