Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission is having a hard time shifting from 1st to 2nd. Anyone know what to do? I took it to a dealership and they test drove it with a computer tester hooked up to the ecm. They told me it is definitely internal problem of the tranny. My warranty is over.

I'm looking for a performance transmission. I've looked at the companies preferred on the parts list. Any one know of any other companies they recommend to take a look at? Also, any info about changing tranny's would be nice such as specs or any other info I should know about changing a tranny. Please Help, Someone

·
0 Posts
Same thing happened to me last december, on my 98 dakota. I took it to the local tranny shop and had them rebuild it and throw in a shift kit to boot. After a few adjustments it shifts better than new. Just take it easy until you get it fixed. It would have cost less if I would not have driven it for a few months before getting it fixed. Metal to metal is not good I know I have been, their done that, and paid for it.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Have you changed out your TPS (throttle position sensor) have'n any other troubles? any codes?

M

·
0 Posts
Fault Code P0700

So I got the engine running good, I thought, and now while driving down the street it just dies on me.
Oh yeah, it's my '01 Durango with 4.7 Litre.
The fault code is something about the transmission sensor I am told by a friend. I will do more investigating on that later.
Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has had anything like this?

Scott

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
rockadaous said:
P0700 Transmission Control System Malfunction
http://www.obdii.com/codes.html
OK, I got the engine running right. The PCV line came off the back of the throttle body. Any suggestions on what to do about this fault code? It doesn't seem to be a problem when it shifts. The only thing I notice is it revs to about 6000 RPM's now when you get on the gas before it shifts. Anyone know what the redline is on the 4.7L ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts