Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says, I need to remove my lower front cover so I can install my lower insert. I see a couple bolts in the front of each wheel well that seem to be holding it on, but there has got to be more than that.

Who's done this? It's a 2001 Dakota, but likely the same for others, too.

·
REGISTERED ABUSER
1,520 Posts
your bumper is one piece from headlights to ground...dont look that way does it??

pop the hood 4-18 mm bolts there...GET A BREAKER BAR

3 hex screws on each tire well..

see one piece......if its 2001 sport

·
July Truck of the Month
8,227 Posts
Exactly what he said, 3 screws on each side on the tire well and 2 large bolts that you can reach when you pop the hood. It's really simple.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, there were a few more fasteners than that. Sinse I hadn't seen this question answered well a couple different times, I made this pic.

A - To access these 8 expanding plastic screws, you need to lift the hood and remove the corner lenses. Space is extremely limited. They are designed to unscrew, but I just used a special tool to pull them straight out. The tool is pictured below.

B - These are accessed from inside the wheel well, and I used a T25 Torx on them. It wasn't the perfect size, but it worked great.

C - These are more of the expanding plastic deals. Again, I just pulled them straight out.

D - These are push-in style things (love the technical terms here?) that are designed to be pulled straight out. They attach a rubber extension from the bottom of the bumper cover to another cover under the engine. When you are removing these, it's a good time to unplug the fog lights.

·
REGISTERED ABUSER
1,520 Posts
ok you asked a question... just to answer it???? :biggthump

see at first i just kept jumpin on my bumper til it fell off..my one friend used a sledge hammer to get his off......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts