Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed new coil, cap n rotor new plugs and oil...so things seemed fine. i took it for a drive nice good throttle response...BUT....it shifted from first straight into third, i thought maybe the pcm needed to be recet, buti stupididly I left one of the tb cables loose, but before i noticed it i reset the pcm(purged it) thinking i was having issues with it, and now when i start the truck its revving at 2grand and for about 2 minutes i let it run and it didn't come down... any suggestions or tips, i know i've read about this before but help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Did you re-connect the TB cable back in the correct location? Check to see if the throttle plates are open at idle, if so see if they are in a bind.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah all fixed guys... turns out if you ever have the same issue instead of dc the neg disc the positive baddabing, now she runs pretty good, but i think my fuel filter is clogged up :( having some surging issues on cold runs

·
Registered
2 Posts
What up all

What up every body im new here i just got a.. 02 dakota slt awd it run's like a skallded dog hit has a wineing noise is it supercharged??and how could i check to see if it has a chip n it ???? This is the first dodge ive owned and i like so far ....... Yall prob be seen me around here so any help or trick's ya no tyvm ....p.s i know i did this wrong i didnt no were to post any thing yet

·
Texas, Pffffft
14,793 Posts
Talk about digging up ancient threads. I would start with a new thread. This one is pushing on 7 years old.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
yah all fixed guys... turns out if you ever have the same issue instead of dc the neg disc the positive baddabing, now she runs pretty good, but i think my fuel filter is clogged up :( having some surging issues on cold runs
dont matter which cable you unhook, either way breaks the circuit. common practice however is unhook neg 1st//// reconnect neg last.

·
Registered
2 Posts
what up all if any body out here had or has a dodge dakota slt have yall had any prob's with the tranfer case i dont get on it 2 much but when i take off slowly it has a big bump or jerk or pop.... what ever ya call it ya get the idea? and i was wondering what kind of chip's there r for it ????? ..... if ya be so kind to help a brotha out !!!!!!!.......(pce) :banana2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts