Dakota Durango Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna lower my dak a couple of inches, but my good friend Eddie pointed out to me that my tires wrapped around my 20's kinda stick out, so if i were to lower my dakota, it would hit the fender. i was like damn! so did anyone else have this problem, any answers? would i have to do some body work or what, hopefully i don't. i wanna lower mine a good 2/3 or 2/4 maybe more but yeah please help me out.

·
Adrian Guzman
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another idea

thinking either to just lower it OR does anyone have an estimate about how much it would cost to bag it. i mean all work, a really fast kit, labor, all of that, if you know help out.

·
pressurized
239 Posts
Corepred4 said:
I wanna lower my dak a couple of inches, but my good friend Eddie pointed out to me that my tires wrapped around my 20's kinda stick out, so if i were to lower my dakota, it would hit the fender. i was like damn! so did anyone else have this problem, any answers? would i have to do some body work or what, hopefully i don't. i wanna lower mine a good 2/3 or 2/4 maybe more but yeah please help me out.
hey man what size tires do you have that is a big deal mine is dropped 4 / 6 and my 20's rubbed until i cut my fender flares and actually the area of the fender behind the flare had to be cut a lot of cutting but not that big of a deal also it rubbed when i turned on the inner fender well anyway let us no what size tires you have and maybe we will be able to help :biggthump

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
well, if you`re concerned about your tires sticking out try getting some fender flares. my tires are 9.5 " wide and come right to the edge of the fender flare.

·
pressurized
239 Posts
suffolk_mopar said:
well, if you`re concerned about your tires sticking out try getting some fender flares. my tires are 9.5 " wide and come right to the edge of the fender flare.
hey man are those 20's or 22's either or from what i can tell it looks good

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
not sure whether ya have a sport or r/t but i used an r/t suspension (slightly modified) . i have 2 1/8 wheel gap in front and a whopping 3" gap in the rear. only prob i ever have rubbing is this one huge dip on the way to work. i solved that right easily by staying in the right lane till i pass that area,lol. btw i`m running 275/45/20`s. and like i said they`re 9.5" wide.
the ride is wonderful, but i still plan to get the hotchkis shocks to make it even smoother.

·
Drop and destroy!!
404 Posts
:mullet: My rims stick out past the bodyline and are about even with the outer lip of the flare. A lot depends on how low you wanna go and what size tire your'e running now. If you wanna swap out the tires to a lower profile tire you can slam it down quite a bit on a hard lowering kit with no bags. The bags aren't gonna do you any good if your rim offset won't let you tuck the wheels. They'll just let the weight of the truck rest on the fender lips when there deflated. Not a good scenario. A bag setup is expensive too!

·
Daygo Dak
32 Posts
suffolk_mopar said:
not sure whether ya have a sport or r/t but i used an r/t suspension (slightly modified) . i have 2 1/8 wheel gap in front and a whopping 3" gap in the rear. only prob i ever have rubbing is this one huge dip on the way to work. i solved that right easily by staying in the right lane till i pass that area,lol. btw i`m running 275/45/20`s. and like i said they`re 9.5" wide.
the ride is wonderful, but i still plan to get the hotchkis shocks to make it even smoother.
I think you have the same size tire's I have. I've been thinking about doing a drop like you mentioned. I have an 01 CC Dak. How much did that kit run you? (if you don't mind my asking.) Also, do you know where I can get a hold of one. Junkyard?? any tips would be great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts